Trial account for pro not working

ciscoguy24ciscoguy24 Registered Users Posts: 68 Big grins
edited April 30, 2006 in SmugMug Support
I am trying to setup a trail account (Pro) and it keeps saying that it could not validate my card. Which is a visa debit card. I know I have money in the bank for it and I used the card for something else today. Anybody having this issue? I have a power user account and I just wanted to check out the pro features and then upgrade my power account to pro if I liked it. Can anybody help me out?

Comments

• DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited April 30, 2006
    I have a feeling it has to do with it being a debit card, but that's just a hunch. Your best bet is help@smugmug.com. They'll get back to you lickety-split.
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • ciscoguy24ciscoguy24 Registered Users Posts: 68 Big grins
    edited April 30, 2006
    ok David just sent a email thanks. I don't think its a debit problem because thats what I used to setup my power account ne_nau.gif
  • DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited April 30, 2006
    ciscoguy24 wrote:
    ok David just sent a email thanks. I don't think its a debit problem because thats what I used to setup my power account ne_nau.gif

Oh.

Well, just goes to show how much I know!
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited April 30, 2006
    ciscoguy24 wrote:

Did you get all sorted? I hope you've given yourself the "gift of smugmug" to save some money, too?
    edited April 30, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    Did you get all sorted? I hope you've given yourself the "gift of smugmug" to save some money, too?

was talking with John and he said to just upgrade my power to pro and if I didn't like it he would refund it. But I don't really have the money to spend on it until a couple weeks from now and would like to see it before I upgrade. Is there no way to do this?
    edited April 30, 2006
    ciscoguy24 wrote:
    was talking with John and he said to just upgrade my power to pro and if I didn't like it he would refund it. But I don't really have the money to spend on it until a couple weeks from now and would like to see it before I upgrade. Is there no way to do this?

guess not ne_nau.gif
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited April 30, 2006
    ciscoguy24 wrote:
    guess not ne_nau.gif

A little patience, Adam, it's Sunday afternoon :D I was at a Soccer game with my 7 year old, and then just now shooting a paid event.

One way to do this is to gift yourself the gift of SmugMug and try out the pro account for 7days. At that time, you can cancel and upgrade your main account.

The other is to just upgrade now, for a week and if you don't care for it, fine we'll turn you back no worries.