"UnGuiding Light"

MarkM6MarkM6 Registered Users Posts: 97 Big grins
edited May 1, 2006 in People
"UnGuiding" is not a word. However, the word "misguiding" would be judgmental.

Please feel free (literally) and make comments/criticisms since this is my first post of a picture.

-M:lust

P.S. I thought of different titles for this picture including; 25:00, The Last Light, etc.

unguidinglightsm5qk.jpg

unguidinglightbw5nq.jpg

Comments

• mknphotosmknphotos Registered Users Posts: 24 Big grins
    edited April 30, 2006
    Nice lighting
    I like the lighting. But, I feel like there is just too much negative space. I think that you could probably crop it down and still achieve the same effect.

It's a nice shot.
  • LeDudeLeDude Registered Users Posts: 501 Major grins
    edited April 30, 2006
    The extreme amount of negative space is a choice that I can go with... it will not be acceptable to all; but, my issue is with the lack of clarity in the subject. It appeared oof, and when I zoomed in I was met with pixelation.

With so much negative space the picture needs to be very large, very sharp and have a high pixel count.

-Rich
    We are the music-makers; and we are the dreamers of dreams.
    ... come along.
  • MarkM6MarkM6 Registered Users Posts: 97 Big grins
    edited April 30, 2006
    LeDude wrote:
    The extreme amount of negative space is a choice that I can go with... it will not be acceptable to all; but, my issue is with the lack of clarity in the subject. It appeared oof, and when I zoomed in I was met with pixelation.

With so much negative space the picture needs to be very large, very sharp and have a high pixel count.

-Rich

Rich,
    The subject was at the center of the picture and was shot on 5D in RAW (16-35L f2.8 Lens at ISO800). It was quite sharp, in my opinion.

The extreme amount of "dark" space is my choice to match the meaning of this photograph. Of course, it will not be acceptable to all... but the person in the picture knows *exactly* how it feels...

Thank you both for the comments.:):

2nd Edit: In this forum filled with family, kids, proms and scouts, I was and still am very hesitated to post this picture....
    :uhoh
  • illuminati919illuminati919 Registered Users Posts: 713 Major grins
    edited April 30, 2006
    Is he smoking out of a bong ?????
    ~~~www.markoknezevic.com~~~

Setup: One camera, one lens, and one roll of film.
  • SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited May 1, 2006
    very nice :D
  • mr peasmr peas Registered Users Posts: 1,369 Major grins
    edited May 1, 2006
    Yaah I bet you're using this photo as a desktop wallpaper, cuz it will work well in that case. Maybe if you were trying to convery size, negative space works really well for that, but not on this photograph.

So, you should present it wothout all 'black' and frame it within just the original photo itself. But from what we see, the image in th ebottom left corner, its not bad at all. even with the least amount of lighting you did that pretty well. Try cropping just that area and re-presenting it again...to show us more detail. ;)
  • marlofmarlof Registered Users Posts: 1,833 Major grins
    edited May 1, 2006
    To me the negative space works in this image. It feels like the subject is at the border, almost dropping off.
    enjoy being here while getting there
    edited May 1, 2006
    Yup.
    marlof wrote:
    To me the negative space works in this image. It feels like the subject is at the border, almost dropping off.

"Almost dropping off".........
    You are from Netherlands, you surely know about the subject's feeling :D

At first I was going to put the negative space vertically... It would work too.

Thank you all for the comments. I love low-light photos...
    edited May 1, 2006
    Is he smoking out of a bong ?????

Naaahhhh...