Event Photography- onsite sales

SportsShotsSportsShots Registered Users Posts: 20 Big grins
edited April 30, 2006 in Sports
I have searched the archive threads and not been able to find much.

Are there any photogs out there that are doing sporting type event photography, and setting up booths?

I am curious to hear or discuss onsite sales and current setups if you are currently doing it.

I know there is a huge debte with onsite printing versus onsite sales. I am more interested in seeing any pictures of how people are setting up their booths at these events either for printing or just sales onsite.

Thanks
john
Sports Action Photography
www.sidelinepictures.com

Comments

• JeffroJeffro Registered Users Posts: 1,941 Major grins
    edited April 30, 2006
    I have seen one guy try on site sales at the motocross track I shoot at. He has a motohome, with a screen hanging out a window showing shots from that day.

The downside to that is the shots are from practice, not the races. He doesn't get many race pic's due to staying at the RV.

The word at the track is the pic's are more expensive than online, even his online pic's, and you guessed...they are of practice.

I feel that concentrating on the event, and worrying about sales later is a better way to go. I just keep plenty of cards with me to hand out.

By the way the guy with the RV isn't there anymoreheadscratch.gif

That's all I have for ya....
    Always lurking, sometimes participating. :D
  • ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,934 moderator
    edited April 30, 2006
    While wandering the PMA, Andy and I saw this thing:

58372545-M.jpg

It's got all the good inside and can be packed up and wheeled away
    as one unit.

Of course, displays in the sun are difficult to see...
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • xtnomadxtnomad Registered Users Posts: 340 Major grins
    edited April 30, 2006
    Dido with Jeffro
    As an old racer / mechanic for racers and friends, I was a 35mm for a long time then ( 1977-1986 ) and just set the camera aside for years to make a living. I have many photos in trophy cases of friends and with friends. Things have changed sence i have discovered dig. and now have a friend racing in the over 40 class and he ask me to help in the pits with his new venture. I started taking pics. of pratice and posting them for the riders until I was asked for a print. Now I see a chance to sell prints and feel that a online service is the way to go . Wow if this could have been this easy back then i might be a pro. now. Long story short, i am going to my next outing in two more weeks and will still take pratice shots, but this time work with uploading file size and time of editing and to see just what my time is worth and compare to what other photogs. are getting and order some prints for my self to see what a custmer will experance for them selfs. After this i will take race photos ( what the racers can tie a story to ) and offer these pics. for purchase. If you can do some thing as a hobby and start making money with a hobby it only makes the hobby more enjoyable. Rod
    xtnomad :wink