Options

Rock and Roll

johnnydangerjohnnydanger Registered Users Posts: 51 Big grins
edited October 25, 2004 in People
Here's my favorite pic from a band shoot last night. The guitarist is of XXX Audio fame and they were performing at the Stanwood Hotel in Stanwood Washington.

IMG_2263.jpg
Some people are like Slinkies... not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs.

Comments

• Options
    edited October 25, 2004
    I think I might like the BW version better... thoughts?

IMG_2263_bw.jpg
    Some people are like Slinkies... not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs.
  • Options
    happysnapperhappysnapper Registered Users Posts: 224 Major grins
    edited October 25, 2004
    I think I might like the BW version better... thoughts?
    I really like both, I have been sitting here flicking between the 2 and when I look at the colour, I think mmmm definately like this one best, but then I look at the B&W and think... no this one best... cant decide as both are great. clap.gifclap.gif
    What was your set up for this shot... what sort of flash?

Yvette
    :roflhappily snapping
  • Options
    edited October 25, 2004
    Heh, that's my dilemma too. On one hand I think the color would really grab the viewer if it was hanging on a wall surrounded by other images, but then again the BW looks so 'rock'. Dunno, maybe I'll do variations of both and make some weird Warhol composition!

Canon 10D, 17-40mm f/4, 420EX flash.

1/6 sec @ 17mm, f/4, ISO 1600, with ceiling bounce and some direct flash on his face.
  • Options
    happysnapperhappysnapper Registered Users Posts: 224 Major grins
    edited October 25, 2004
    Heh, that's my dilemma too. On one hand I think the color would really grab the viewer if it was hanging on a wall surrounded by other images, but then again the BW looks so 'rock'. Dunno, maybe I'll do variations of both and make some weird Warhol composition!

Canon 10D, 17-40mm f/4, 420EX flash.

1/6 sec @ 17mm, f/4, ISO 1600, with ceiling bounce and some direct flash on his face.
    you know what, the more I look, the more I am leaning toward the colour... it jumps out at you.... and I agree, hanging on a wall would jump out and grab the admirer.thumb.gif Just my thoughts

Yvette
    :roflhappily snapping
  • Options
    JesmolJesmol Registered Users Posts: 52 Big grins
    edited October 25, 2004
    Gotta admit I like the B&W better, like you said it has a bit more of a classic rock feel to itthumb.gif
  • Options
    digismiledigismile Registered Users Posts: 955 Major grins
    edited October 25, 2004
    The B/W looks like a shot straight out of LIFE Magazine. Now that I have seen both, I like the B/W in this case. The only part of the colour that I don't think works well is the face illuminated by the flash. I think it just needs a bit of colour and toning down.

I like the B/W because of the gritty feel, but I think both are still great thumb.gif

BRad