De-lurking with a baseball shot.

Dave LeeDave Lee Registered Users Posts: 74 Big grins
edited May 2, 2006 in Sports
I have been lurking for a while now. Thought it was about time to post something.

I took this at my son's baseball tournament this weekend. I would appreciate your comments.
=====================
davidleephoto.smugmug.com

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited May 1, 2006
    wave.gif PLAY BALL!

Lovely shot, thanks for de-lurking and sharing!
  • KMCCKMCC Registered Users Posts: 717 Major grins
    edited May 1, 2006
    Nice capture. Catching the ball on the bat is always a thrill. Welcome to Dgrin and keep sharing your shots. thumb.gif

Kent
    "Not everybody trusts paintings, but people believe photographs."- Ansel Adams
    Web site
  • wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited May 1, 2006
    Ball on bat. Sweet! Welcome to the light, Dave! wave.gif
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • LeDudeLeDude Registered Users Posts: 501 Major grins
    edited May 1, 2006
    let me guess, ground ball to the 2b/1b hole? maybe the angle is confusing me, in which case I say up-the-middle.

real nice form on that swing though, just a little behind the pitch

and, oh yeah-very nice shot!:D
    We are the music-makers; and we are the dreamers of dreams.
    ... come along.
  • Dave LeeDave Lee Registered Users Posts: 74 Big grins
    edited May 2, 2006
    Thanks everyone. I was concerned about the crop, but since nobody mentioned it I'll stick with what I have (unless you're going easy on me because I'm new - don't bother, I have dinosaur thick skin!). :D
    =====================
  • StevenVStevenV Registered Users Posts: 1,174 Major grins
    edited May 2, 2006
    Dave Lee wrote:
    Thanks everyone. I was concerned about the crop, but since nobody mentioned it I'll stick with what I have (unless you're going easy on me because I'm new - don't bother, I have dinosaur thick skin!). :D

Nah, I like the crop (now you just gotta find a frame to fit it :):) and I'm envious of the lack of distracting fans behind him. Were there low/no fences or was this a "real" ballpark with photographers' wells?
  • BodleyBodley Registered Users Posts: 766 Major grins
    edited May 2, 2006
    Dave Lee wrote:

Nice general crop to get the feel of a game but no focus.

I'd prefer a tighter shot on the batter hitting the ball or catcher catching the ball (dust cloud at glove or w/ ball just before impact or Blocking a ball). The catcher is doing nothing in your shot other than distracting viewers from the action.

Check out SI and Shoot tighter, your photo's will appreciate it.

I do think it is a good shot, but you asked for critique thumb.gif
    Greg
    "Tis better keep your mouth shut and be thought of as an idiot than to open your mouth and remove all doubt"
    edited May 2, 2006
    StevenV wrote:
    Nah, I like the crop (now you just gotta find a frame to fit it :):) and I'm envious of the lack of distracting fans behind him. Were there low/no fences or was this a "real" ballpark with photographers' wells?
    Actually this is a horrible ballpark for photographers. It has 6' or higher chain link fence all the way around with the lovely addition of wind screen covering every square inch. I used the access gate in the outfield to get all of my shots.
    =====================
    edited May 2, 2006
    Bodley wrote:
    Nice general crop to get the feel of a game but no focus.

I'd prefer a tighter shot on the batter hitting the ball or catcher catching the ball (dust cloud at glove or w/ ball just before impact or Blocking a ball). The catcher is doing nothing in your shot other than distracting viewers from the action.

Check out SI and Shoot tighter, your photo's will appreciate it.

I do think it is a good shot, but you asked for critique thumb.gif

I asked for it, and I appreciate it!
    =====================