Yet another Mark II question

jeff lapointjeff lapoint Registered Users Posts: 1,228 Major grins
edited May 3, 2006 in Cameras
So I've looked via google, the search fxn here, at dpreview, and FM without any luck. So here goes...

I noticed in the EOS viewer utility software you can set the burst rate for high and low speeds. High speed gives you the choice of 8 and 5fps and maybe one other one. Low speed gives the choice of 3 and 2fps. Here's the question:

I'd like to set the fps to 8 for high speed and 5fps for low since 8 is sometimes overkill and 3 is pretty useless to me. Is this possible? Anyone know how to do it sice the option is not given in the software? Wonder is there is a hack for this...:wink

-j

Comments

• jeff lapointjeff lapoint Registered Users Posts: 1,228 Major grins
    edited May 2, 2006
    Hmmm 29 views and no love. That means:

1. Really stupid question and no one wants to hurt my feelings :D
    2. Really good question and no one knows the answer.
    3. Irrelvant question...no one cares:cry

rolleyes1.gif
  • wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited May 2, 2006
    Love to answer your questions, Jeff, it's just that I've never tried to mess with the burst rate. ne_nau.gif
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
    edited May 2, 2006
    wxwax wrote:
    Love to answer your questions, Jeff, it's just that I've never tried to mess with the burst rate. ne_nau.gif

Thanks Sir Waxage. I'll keep lookin...

Great catapult quote BTW
  • pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,703 moderator
    edited May 2, 2006
    Good question, but I've always used 8 FPS or none on my 1DMkll.ne_nau.gif

I never thought about changing it - that would be a nice feature, if able to be changed via a Personal Function.
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
    edited May 2, 2006
    pathfinder wrote:
    Good question, but I've always used 8 FPS or none on my 1DMkll.ne_nau.gif

I never thought about changing it - that would be a nice feature, if able to be changed via a Personal Function.

Yeah, I'm a huge 8fps fan but 3 is worthless. 5 would be just right for things not moving quite so fast...
    edited May 3, 2006
    Yeah, I'm a huge 8fps fan but 3 is worthless. 5 would be just right for things not moving quite so fast...

I'm beginning to wonder if there are 2 "gears" that operate the shutter and the low one cannot be set to fire at over 3fps. I've been scouring the net with 0 results...maybe its not a software/firmware limitation but a hardware one insteadne_nau.gif