motorbike racing

SeamusSeamus Registered Users Posts: 1,573 Major grins
edited May 3, 2006 in Sports
Pictures from a meeting last month,

I tried out some new places to shoot from around the track. Mostly standing on high banks to get clean backgrounds. I was further away from the bikes and, even with the 400, couldn't fill the frame with individual bikes. Anyway a few for your entertainment. Comments, ridicule and criticism always welcome

1. Rossi wouldn't use gaffer tape to fix his exhaust:rofl

62633168-M.jpg

2. Close racing..... not for the faint hearted:huh

62751889-M.jpg

3. The Triumph 675s are doing well in the championship:

62752793-M.jpg

4.If you saw the film "the committments" you will be fimiliar with the saying

"boll*x"

62747079-M.jpg

5. This young lady is a very fast racer

62749290-M.jpg

6.Trying something different. 400 5.6 full frame, I need to work on this type of shot

62764597-M.jpg

Comments

• Aaron BernardAaron Bernard Registered Users Posts: 169 Major grins
    edited May 3, 2006
    Your shooting from the right spot thats for sure. Angle looks good.

Try going down on your shutter speed to introduce some motion blur into the images. Start out at 1/250 and go down from there. thumb.gif
  • MotoKatMotoKat Registered Users Posts: 106 Major grins
    edited May 3, 2006
    mmm nothing better than a bike race! Great shots! thumb.gif #5 tell me more about her, if you can.
  • gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited May 3, 2006
    Sharp shots for the low light & high speed conditions mate ! thumb.gif
  • SeamusSeamus Registered Users Posts: 1,573 Major grins
    edited May 3, 2006
    FastScan wrote:
    Your shooting from the right spot thats for sure. Angle looks good.

Try going down on your shutter speed to introduce some motion blur into the images. Start out at 1/250 and go down from there. thumb.gif

Thanks for the feedback, the shutter speed was too high to blur the wheels.

Seamus.
    edited May 3, 2006
    MotoKat wrote:
    mmm nothing better than a bike race! Great shots! thumb.gif #5 tell me more about her, if you can.
    Nothing to tell really, a young girl who races bikes.... glad you enjoyed the pics.
    edited May 3, 2006
    Humungus wrote:
    Sharp shots for the low light & high speed conditions mate ! thumb.gif

The light was a pig Gus, I was up as far as iso1600 in the morning for the wet practice.

Hopefully the summer months will bring good light.
  • gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited May 3, 2006
    Seamus wrote:
    I was up as far as iso1600 in the morning for the wet practice.
    This is why we choose canon mate deal.gif Things are cooling down here of late. I was on the way to work about 6 this morning when i stopped at the lights with the early sun on the buildings in the distance & i remembered what i love about winter...mate it was clarity like i cant believe. I actually reached to see if i had my polarised sunnys on. Winter here is crystal clear.
    edited May 3, 2006
    Humungus wrote:
    This is why we choose canon mate deal.gif Things are cooling down here of late. I was on the way to work about 6 this morning when i stopped at the lights with the early sun on the buildings in the distance & i remembered what i love about winter...mate it was clarity like i cant believe. I actually reached to see if i had my polarised sunnys on. Winter here is crystal clear.

yeah, the cold, clear winter days have great light, it's the murky, overcast rainy days that drive me up the wall. Two race meetings this month, I can rule out most of the new places I shot from for these pics. They are just too far away from the bikes. Hopefully I will have a clear blue sky rolleyes1.gif