Lydia at Easter Shoot

hollychollyc Registered Users Posts: 40 Big grins
edited May 4, 2006 in People
A recent picture of my daughter taken over Easter weekend. C&C welcome, especially regarding skin tone - I can never get that right! Is she too pink? Thanks!

:lust

66151202-L.jpg

Comments

• nikosnikos Registered Users Posts: 216 Major grins
    edited May 3, 2006
    There may be a slight amount of magenta on the skin tones but who cares -- you captured a beautiful shot of a beautiful girl with a pricelesss expression.

Edit: The extra specular highlights on the left of her right eye (our left) is throwing off the image. Remove that and this picture is practically perfect.
    Very well done!

Nikos

hollyc wrote:
    A recent picture of my daughter taken over Easter weekend. C&C welcome, especially regarding skin tone - I can never get that right! Is she too pink? Thanks!

iloveyou.gif

66151202-L.jpg
  • Yvette MarieYvette Marie Registered Users Posts: 57 Big grins
    edited May 4, 2006
    Isnt she beautiful?
    Photography aside.. you already have quite a masterpeice there!

Im new to this board, and not sure how everyone feels about reworking images... if I offend you, and you want me to take it down.. say the word!

I felt like there was too much room at the top of the image and that it needed to be cropped in to show off her pretty face. I cropped it as best could to utilize the rule of thirds, without cutting into her head too much. some people really hate cutting into the head, (( that sounds awful )) but since it was such a close crop anyways, I couldnt utilize the rule of thirds any other way...

I also dodged the highlights in her gorgeous baby blues a little and brightened it up some... what do you think?

She is an absolute DOLL.

Yvette
  • hollychollyc Registered Users Posts: 40 Big grins
    edited May 4, 2006
    Yvette, I'm not offended at all. Thanks for taking the time to work with it and show me what you can do.

I like what you did, especially with dodging the highlights in her eyes - that made such a difference. I'd like to know more about that - are you working with PSCS2?

Again, thanks for the rework. I appreciate your taking the time!! I've seen some of the picturs on your website and they look really nice, although I'm having some trouble with the links - are you having trouble with them or is it just me?

Thanks-
    Holly
  • Yvette MarieYvette Marie Registered Users Posts: 57 Big grins
    edited May 4, 2006
    Ahh.. my website...
    Is in the midst of a rework.. something more professional looking!
    Im a divorced mom of 4 kids and having a hard time finding the time to fix it, I really need to get it done!

I just use PS 7 but alot of times Ill use PSE too.. its easier! i just select the eyes one at a time, cut and paste, and then brighten them and increase the contrast, sharpen em, erase around the edges with a soft brush and then flatten em. Then using the dodge tool set to highlights and about 12% I go over the iris part of the eye in a scrubbing type motion and it really brightens them up!

HTH!

Yvette