Options

My first post anywhere

ParallaxViewParallaxView Registered Users Posts: 14 Big grins
edited October 26, 2004 in People
Hello everyone,
I'm a beginner and still learning. I've been practicing with my only available models. My kids :D
This is my first time posting ...take a look and tell me what you think. Constructive criticism is appreciated.
I put some more on my website at http://home.granderiver.net/~cygnus/gallery

Taken with a Canon Rebel Ti and processed in Photoshop.

Thanks
PxV
Do, or Do Not!....There is no try.

Comments

• Options
    pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,698 moderator
    edited October 26, 2004
    Hello everyone,
    I'm a beginner and still learning. I've been practicing with my only available models. My kids :D
    This is my first time posting ...take a look and tell me what you think. Constructive criticism is appreciated.
    I put some more on my website at http://home.granderiver.net/~cygnus/gallery

Taken with a Canon Rebel Ti and processed in Photoshop.

Thanks
    PxV

Welcome to dgrin - you have a lovely daughter and I like the sepia tone to your image.

I looked through your gallery and you have a nice eye and several nice images. Hang around and you may find some new tricks to even improve on your photography here.
    I think the picture of your daughter might be improved by a simpler background - this one seems kind of busy to my eye. I like the use of the railing for her to place her hands on, but the boards to the right and behind her are not an assett - they distract my attention from her lovely face.
    1drink.gif
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
  • Options
    ParallaxViewParallaxView Registered Users Posts: 14 Big grins
    edited October 26, 2004
    My first post anywhere
    Thank You Pathfinder for the kind words and the suggestions. I'm going to reshoot that image. This one was cropped from a larger image that showed my whole daughter. One of my photo friends tells me i dont get close enough to my subjects. I think if i reshoot the pic and get it tight the way this one is framed i can throw the background out of focus better.....or i can put her on the opposite side of the swing set and eliminate the busy boards :D

PxV
    Do, or Do Not!....There is no try.