"On Deck" - Girls HS Softball

patrickbeilpatrickbeil Registered Users Posts: 64 Big grins
edited May 5, 2006 in Sports
Pat

Comments

• StevenVStevenV Registered Users Posts: 1,174 Major grins
    edited May 4, 2006
    it's a nice shot, but the colors in her helmet catch me before her eyes do. ne_nau.gif
  • OnreyOnrey Registered Users Posts: 188 Major grins
    edited May 4, 2006
    Patrick, I really like this shot from a "Parent standpoint" I'm sure they will buy it If your selling and thats what counts. That helmet is one of the most colorful Ive seen and I shoot alot of softball. I noticed her eyes seem a bit soft, what I try to do with up close candid shots like yours is use Center focus and "Try" to focus thru a hole in the face guard, eyes will be sharp and helmet is close enough it will also be sharp. If that was my daughter you would get my $$$ for it, keep up the good work.
    Brad Fite :D
    www.fitephotography.com
    Canon 1D MkIIN, Canon 50D, Canon 300 f/2.8L, Canon 70-200 f/2.8L, Canon 24-70 f/2.8L, Canon 85 f/1.8, Canon 1.4 Extender,
    Canon 580 & 420 Flash, Pocket Wizards,
    Alien Bee 800, Other misc stuff
  • patrickbeilpatrickbeil Registered Users Posts: 64 Big grins
    edited May 5, 2006
    Onrey wrote:
    Patrick, I really like this shot from a "Parent standpoint" I'm sure they will buy it If your selling and thats what counts. That helmet is one of the most colorful Ive seen and I shoot alot of softball. I noticed her eyes seem a bit soft, what I try to do with up close candid shots like yours is use Center focus and "Try" to focus thru a hole in the face guard, eyes will be sharp and helmet is close enough it will also be sharp. If that was my daughter you would get my $$$ for it, keep up the good work.

Thanks for the comments. I'll try to get sharper focus next time.
    Pat
  • photocatphotocat Registered Users Posts: 1,334 Major grins
    edited May 5, 2006
    Thanks for the comments. I'll try to get sharper focus next time.

Not easy of course to get it sharp, as the metal of the helmet is severely in the way... Maybe it would be easier to manually focus, as it is a bit of a hit and run with the auto focus! Very vivid colors!