Little League Baseball

JohnEBongoJohnEBongo Registered Users Posts: 340 Major grins
edited May 5, 2006 in Sports
I just started working for a local sports photography company taking action shots. Here are few from my 1st day shooting little league baseball. I took over 700 shots and still have alot to go through. Thanks for looking and comments welcome.

67353371-M.jpg

67359068-M.jpg

67513404-M.jpg

67513886-M.jpg

Comments

• StevenVStevenV Registered Users Posts: 1,174 Major grins
    edited May 4, 2006
    Nice job, John. You're fortunate to have such daylight to shoot with. :): I'd personally not center the players quite so much, give 'em just a little room to go (i.e. more space on the right for #1 & 4, on the left for #2), and #3 feels slightly canted to port, but those are fairly minor nits and if the parents love 'em (and are buying them) then you're good to go.
  • mercphotomercphoto Registered Users Posts: 4,550 Major grins
    edited May 4, 2006
    Good timing, nice compositions. As per the comment about leaving space and not centering, you really need to talk to the guy you are shooting for. Some sports photographers adhere to the "tight is right" mantra for shooting stick and ball sports. And most of the time that mantra is right. The guy I shot football for last year was that way -- shot tight, and crop even tighter. But some go for a more environmental look, in which case you shoot a little looser.
    Bill Jurasz - Mercury Photography - Cedar Park, TX
    A former sports shooter
    Follow me at: https://www.flickr.com/photos/bjurasz/
    My Etsy store: https://www.etsy.com/shop/mercphoto?ref=hdr_shop_menu
  • JohnEBongoJohnEBongo Registered Users Posts: 340 Major grins
    edited May 5, 2006
    Thanks Steven and Bill............I was asked to capture "sportrait" type shots which is why I have these framed this tight. I am still working through the 700+ shots I took so I am sure there will be some shot a little looser.