Unicycling Photos

SugarloafurSugarloafur Registered Users Posts: 41 Big grins
edited May 5, 2006 in Sports
I shot some photos of a couple of my friends last Sunday. I'm nowhere near as good at unicycling as they are, so I ride a bit and take lots of pictures. Here's a couple of the cool ones:

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=195557&g2_serialNumber=1&g2_GALLERYSID=a63a2fc86f6add52ac54b82d942cee29

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=195573&g2_serialNumber=1&g2_GALLERYSID=a63a2fc86f6add52ac54b82d942cee29

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=195577&g2_serialNumber=1&g2_GALLERYSID=a63a2fc86f6add52ac54b82d942cee29

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=195595&g2_serialNumber=1&g2_GALLERYSID=a63a2fc86f6add52ac54b82d942cee29

I shot about 350, from series to sequence to bails. It was a ton of fun, and the first over 70 degree day here in Maine this year :).

My uni gallery is here.
More can be found on my other gallery, here.

Comments

• AlonerAloner Registered Users Posts: 82 Big grins
    edited May 4, 2006
    Those are really cool! I had no idea there was such a thing as unicycle stunts ne_nau.gif

Great shots! thumb.gif
  • firedancing4lifefiredancing4life Registered Users Posts: 550 Major grins
    edited May 4, 2006
    Nice shots...is it hard to lift it up to a garbage can height? or do you just jump and lift the cycle with you. I likeed the other pics you had on your site...especially the one that shows different stages in the jump.
  • SugarloafurSugarloafur Registered Users Posts: 41 Big grins
    edited May 5, 2006
    Aloner wrote:
    Those are really cool! I had no idea there was such a thing as unicycle stunts ne_nau.gif

Great shots! thumb.gif

There is a whole unicycling community.. not many people know of it, but it's pretty close-knit. http://www.unicyclist.com/
    Nice shots...is it hard to lift it up to a garbage can height? or do you just jump and lift the cycle with you. I likeed the other pics you had on your site...especially the one that shows different stages in the jump.

Hopping that high is very difficult. I have the good fortune of having some friends who are that good. I'm getting there, but I can only hop about 2 feet now, and I've been riding for 6 months. That sequence was fun to shoot, but unforunately, it's a little oof.
  • Dave LeeDave Lee Registered Users Posts: 74 Big grins
    edited May 5, 2006
    Aloner wrote:

I thought just riding one was a stunt. Who knew?
    =====================
    davidleephoto.smugmug.com
  • DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited May 5, 2006
    I remember being at the Norba National at Mt. Snow one year and watching Tinker Juarez and some of the other smoothest pros practicing down a pretty technical woods section - we all oooo'ed and aaahhh'ed. About a minute after they descended away, this scrawny little kid on a unicycle busted down the section at least as fast as the pros. My jaw hit the ground.

Great stuff. thumb.gif
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]