Options

Bolsa workshop

jeff lapointjeff lapoint Registered Users Posts: 1,228 Major grins
edited May 6, 2006 in Wildlife
I had the privilege of shooting with the esteemed Ben& Jeff combo yesterday in crappy lighting conditions. It's crazy how much people here have improved in the last year (check some of the old posts:D) and I always feel like I'm lagging behind. This is most evident when I shoot with these two guys. They sound like a couple of old pros out there!

I came away from the shoot pretty empty handed (in comparison to the guys), but this may also be due to the fact that I was forced to carry all kinds of extra gear in case one of the more mature shooters fell ill. I thought my camera gear was heavy until I strapped on a first aid kit, drug box, and defibrillator/cardioverion kit:lol:poke

67725445-L.jpg
67725441-L.jpg
67725435-L.jpg

Sure was great shooting with the Thugs again! :thumb Thanks for lookin'!

-j

Comments

• Options
    jwearjwear Registered Users Posts: 8,005 Major grins
    edited May 4, 2006
    thumb.gif your skimmer wins clap.gif it was fun shooting with you again --it has been a long time next time we need to turn on the lights rolleyes1.gif lets get some time before you go freeze eek7.gif do they make an adapter for that 500 soo us poor folk can give it a try rolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif congrats on the new stuff-and Ben dyes his hair --sh sh
    Jeff W

“PHOTOGRAPHY IS THE ‘JAZZ’ FOR THE EYES…”

http://jwear.smugmug.com/
  • Options
    AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited May 4, 2006
    geeeeeez.... the young whippersnapper and the geezers! You guys forgot the middle-aged thug!!!???? ne_nau.gifheadscratch.gif :uhoh :cry rolleyes1.gif

(nice shots)
  • Options
    HarrybHarryb Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 22,708 Major grins
    edited May 4, 2006
    Excellent shots Jeff. The next time you go out with those two old dudes you might suggest they look into one of these http://dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=33378
    Harry
    http://behret.smugmug.com/ NANPA member
    How many photographers does it take to change a light bulb? 50. One to change the bulb, and forty-nine to say, "I could have done that better!"
  • Options
    edited May 4, 2006
    Harryb wrote:
    Excellent shots Jeff. The next time you go out with those two old dudes you might suggest they look into one of these http://dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=33378

lol3.giflol3.giflol3.gif
  • Options
    bfjrbfjr Registered Users Posts: 10,980 Major grins
    edited May 4, 2006
    I had the privilege of shooting with the esteemed Ben& Jeff combo yesterday in crappy lighting conditions. It's crazy how much people here have improved in the last year (check some of the old posts:D) and I always feel like I'm lagging behind. This is most evident when I shoot with these two guys. They sound like a couple of old pros out there!

I came away from the shoot pretty empty handed (in comparison to the guys), but this may also be due to the fact that I was forced to carry all kinds of extra gear in case one of the more mature shooters fell ill. I thought my camera gear was heavy until I strapped on a first aid kit, drug box, and defibrillator/cardioverion kit:lol:poke
    Sure was great shooting with the Thugs again! thumb.gif Thanks for lookin'!
    -j

I'm always feel more at ease when your around Doc. Never know when old Jeff going to need your expertise blbl.gif :uhoh

To Jeff and Harry:
    Dye hair and pull/push a cart ......... when donkey's fly !! Now that would be a shot rolleyes1.gif :lol4

I don't know Doc looking at these shots, someday when you grow up you'll be a force to reckon with :poke rolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif :hide

See ya next time thumb.gif
  • Options
    bfjrbfjr Registered Users Posts: 10,980 Major grins
    edited May 4, 2006
    Angelo wrote:
    geeeeeez.... the young whippersnapper and the geezers! You guys forgot the middle-aged thug!!!???? ne_nau.gifheadscratch.gif :uhoh :cry rolleyes1.gif
    (nice shots)

Yeah and you the creator of the "Photo Thugs" even
    maybe not there, but never forgotten thumb.gif
  • Options
    edited May 4, 2006
    bfjr wrote:
    Yeah and you the creator of the "Photo Thugs" even
    maybe not there, but never forgotten thumb.gif

Thanks but you've already forgotten it's ShutterThugs! rolleyes1.gif

lol3.gif
  • Options
    edited May 5, 2006
    jwear wrote:
    thumb.gif your skimmer wins clap.gif it was fun shooting with you again --it has been a long time next time we need to turn on the lights rolleyes1.gif lets get some time before you go freeze eek7.gif do they make an adapter for that 500 soo us poor folk can give it a try rolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif congrats on the new stuff-and Ben dyes his hair --sh sh

Thanks Jeff--It was fun shootin with you two again as well. We'll have to get as many sessions in as possible before the move to the midwest.
  • Options
    riddim_makerriddim_maker Registered Users Posts: 1,835 Major grins
    edited May 5, 2006
    Shot #2 puts you right up there with the pros. thumb.gif
    Nice giong Jeff. clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif
    Hope to head out with you guys next time
    Russ
  • Options
    edited May 5, 2006
    Angelo wrote:

(nice shots)

The middle children are always forgottenne_nau.gifrofl
    Hope you can make it next time!
  • Options
    edited May 5, 2006
    Harryb wrote:

Funny you should mention that Harry. Here's a picture of what was in Jeff's trunk...

67995087-L.jpg67993912-Ti.gif

Thanks for comments Harry and the product suggestions:D
  • Options
    edited May 6, 2006
    bfjr wrote:

I don't know Doc looking at these shots, someday when you grow up you'll be a force to reckon with :poke rolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif :hide

See ya next time thumb.gif

One can only hope I'd grow up someday. Lookin forward to the next shoot!thumb.gif
  • Options
    Osprey WhispererOsprey Whisperer Registered Users Posts: 3,803 Major grins
    edited May 6, 2006
    I'm glad to see you survived the shoot, Jeff. You never know when those ancient guys are going to get hungry and try and gum you to death. :uhoh :D Like those last couple birds. thumb.gif
    Mike McCarthy

"Osprey Whisperer"

OspreyWhisperer.com