Options

Yep More OSPREY Flight Shots.

Osprey WhispererOsprey Whisperer Registered Users Posts: 3,803 Major grins
edited May 7, 2006 in Wildlife
Hello folks. Worked up a few more of the osprey shots from the last week or so. I have not been there in a few days. Hope to get back soon...but don't have access to the boat for a while. Neighborhood dredge has all boats cleared out of the canals here. :cry This looks like a several month long project. Might have to McGiver a little aluminum boat and electric trolling motor to get back to the nest. I'm hoping NOT to miss the first flight of the chicks.

Thanks for looking.

59473336.jpg

59473337.jpg

59473335.jpg

59473332.jpg

59473333.jpg

59473334.jpg
Mike McCarthy

"Osprey Whisperer"

OspreyWhisperer.com

Comments

• Options
    jwearjwear Registered Users Posts: 8,005 Major grins
    edited May 5, 2006
    very nice mike thumb.gif our ospreys went away :cry :cry we miss them
    Jeff W

“PHOTOGRAPHY IS THE ‘JAZZ’ FOR THE EYES…”

http://jwear.smugmug.com/
  • Options
    edited May 5, 2006
    Thanks Jeff. Too bad about your osprey. I could sell you a couple of mine. rolleyes1.gif There are plenty around here of late. Don't know if you caught the last bunch...............
    http://www.digitalgrin.com/showthread.php?t=33183
    ........as you and Machinegun have been MIA lately. Too much pineapple will give you a tummy ache. :):
    Mike McCarthy

"Osprey Whisperer"

OspreyWhisperer.com
  • Options
    bfjrbfjr Registered Users Posts: 10,980 Major grins
    edited May 5, 2006
    Thanks Jeff. Too bad about your osprey. I could sell you a couple of mine. rolleyes1.gif There are plenty around here of late. Don't know if you caught the last bunch...............
    http://www.digitalgrin.com/showthread.php?t=33183
    ........as you and Machinegun have been MIA lately. Too much pineapple will give you a tummy ache. :):

Not true Not true
    We have just been on covert missions, I would tell you but you know then I'd have to kill you :wow rolleyes1.gifblbl.gif

You just keep coming with them there Osprey, they'll keep us going till ours return thumb.gif
  • Options
    Ric GrupeRic Grupe Registered Users Posts: 9,522 Major grins
    edited May 5, 2006
    Hey this guy is creeping me out!

I'm not lunch! :yikes

59473332.jpg

thumb.gif
  • Options
    jeff lapointjeff lapoint Registered Users Posts: 1,228 Major grins
    edited May 5, 2006
    Great set Mike. #1 is spectacular though!thumb.gif
  • Options
    HarrybHarryb Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 22,708 Major grins
    edited May 5, 2006
    Outstanding series Mike. ylsuper.gif. Its a shame that you only have ospreys to shoot though. I bet you wish you had some wood storks. rolleyes1.gif
    Harry
    http://behret.smugmug.com/ NANPA member
    How many photographers does it take to change a light bulb? 50. One to change the bulb, and forty-nine to say, "I could have done that better!"
  • Options
    gluwatergluwater Registered Users Posts: 3,599 Major grins
    edited May 6, 2006
    So Mike have you gotten any Osprey in your house yet? I bet they would enjoy nesting on your couch. Then you would never need to ever leave your house lol3.gif .
    Nick
    SmugMug Technical Account Manager
    Travel = good. Woo, shooting!
    nickwphoto
  • Options
    edited May 6, 2006
    Thanks for looking Ben. Too bad your osprey are not around. What did you and Jeff try to do to them that scared them away?
    Mike McCarthy

"Osprey Whisperer"

OspreyWhisperer.com
  • Options
    edited May 6, 2006
    Thanks for looking Ric. It was kind of a "serious look" at me. Kind of cool to know the birds looking at you...while you are looking at him. Eyeball to eyeball...so to speak.
    Mike McCarthy

"Osprey Whisperer"

OspreyWhisperer.com
  • Options
    edited May 7, 2006
    Thank you for the kind words, Jeff L. Hope you enjoyed the shots. I sure enjoyed shooting them. These are amazing birds. To be able to fly like that...:D
    Mike McCarthy

"Osprey Whisperer"

OspreyWhisperer.com
  • Options
    edited May 7, 2006
    Harryb wrote:
    Outstanding series Mike. ylsuper.gif. Its a shame that you only have ospreys to shoot though. I bet you wish you had some wood storks. rolleyes1.gif

Thanks Harry. It's a terrible shame I have raptors living in my backyard. Didn't I mention..I have wood storks too. :D I'm sorry to say that it looks like the osprey have chased off the night herons. :uhoh :cry I see one or two...but not dozens like before. Did you come here one night and take a few for your collection? ne_nau.gifheadscratch.gif :gun2
    Mike McCarthy

"Osprey Whisperer"

OspreyWhisperer.com
  • Options
    edited May 7, 2006
    gluwater wrote:
    So Mike have you gotten any Osprey in your house yet? I bet they would enjoy nesting on your couch. Then you would never need to ever leave your house lol3.gif .

Hey Nick. I'm still working on getting the raptors to come in for a cold one. They are much more reluctant than the GBH, BCNH, egrets & wood storks. I might have to bring in the big guns (large fish). :D

Even if they do come in...they WILL NOT be allowed to nest on the couch. They'll have to learn that fine Italian leather is not to be nested on. :uhoh
    Mike McCarthy

"Osprey Whisperer"

OspreyWhisperer.com