Drifting in Tassie

TassieDTassieD Registered Users Posts: 711 Major grins
edited May 6, 2006 in Sports
Was back seeking out the motor sport today. I took the kids along to a Drift event being held at the local raceway. This was a first for al of us, we had only read about this type of event and hadn't seen one. Mate! these guys definately cut loose and give it everything. :thumb

Here are a couple of the shots I managed to capture.

This guy was in my opinion the best on the day. :clap

68048517-M.jpg

ooops, not sure he planned to heading that way !!

68048547-M.jpg

Nothing devistating happened here, just a huge spin. If you don't like the smell of burning rubber I would suggest watching the event on Tele :)

68048504-M.jpg

Finally, I'll give this guy full marks for filming from all angles.

68048514-M.jpg

Thanks for stopping by and taking a look. The rest of the shots can be viewed at my drifting gallery.
Cheers
David Clifford

Comments

• gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited May 6, 2006
    Its a new style sport that i totally dont understand (man..im turning into my father...still remember the look on his face when i lobbed back to the farm with 12" micky thompsons on my panel van on my 1st leave).

I recon though that there is a quid in it selling them their own shots.

They are sharp shots for the avail light mate...which lens ?
  • TassieDTassieD Registered Users Posts: 711 Major grins
    edited May 6, 2006
    gus wrote:
    Its a new style sport that i totally dont understand (man..im turning into my father...still remember the look on his face when i lobbed back to the farm with 12" micky thompsons on my panel van on my 1st leave).

I recon though that there is a quid in it selling them their own shots.

They are sharp shots for the avail light mate...which lens ?

Thanks for the comments Gus. I am currently putting an email together with some small samples. There was one other young guy shooting from the hill but will give it a go. Mate!! the lens was the Sigma 50-500 (Bigma), which has become my second best friend.

Hopefully I can get to a couple more of these events I can see myself getting hooked on capturing the whole thing.
    Cheers
    David Clifford