Some seniors from this year...

Yvette MarieYvette Marie Registered Users Posts: 57 Big grins
edited May 21, 2006 in People
Here are some seniors I did this year... they were a fun lot! I love seniors the best out of all my clients... the more creative I get.. the more they like it. ;o)

Thanks for looking.. any tips are greatly appreciated too!

Yvette

Comments

• Yvette MarieYvette Marie Registered Users Posts: 57 Big grins
    edited May 6, 2006
    oops.. I did fix the seam in the top of that picture above before sending the proof to the client!
    edited May 6, 2006
    in my living room.. with a sheet.. ;o)
    edited May 6, 2006
    Boys are a little harder than the girls... this guy was especially self conscious.
    edited May 6, 2006
    but we still came up with some fun stuff.
    edited May 6, 2006
    last one for now.

I tend to stay away from teh selective coloring but she asked for a few.
  • DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited May 6, 2006
    Nice work!

I especially like the first three.

The basketball player you did a nice job with, but yeah, he's stiff.

The selective color--I would have selected something that I wanted to draw attention to--like her face, her eyes--her, not her jacket. But nice shot, regardless.
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • GREAPERGREAPER Registered Users Posts: 3,113 Major grins
    edited May 6, 2006
    It all looks pretty good. I am sure your clients are happy with them.
    I very much like the one with the young man on white with the close up image behind him.
  • saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited May 6, 2006
    DavidTO wrote:
    Nice work!

I especially like the first three.

The basketball player you did a nice job with, but yeah, he's stiff.

The selective color--I would have selected something that I wanted to draw attention to--like her face, her eyes--her, not her jacket. But nice shot, regardless.

15524779-Ti.gif Hi Yvette and welcome to Dgrin BTW. I agree with DavidTo, I like the first three and #3 in particular. I think the pose in that shot works for guys because of sitting on the floor. It is much more relaxing and less intimidating then standing in front of a (woman) photographer. I like your lighting in every shot. I was thinking about the guys and wondering if some less formal shots might be fun, like shots with their car, or motorcycle. Just a thought!
  • Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited May 6, 2006
    GREAPER wrote:
    It all looks pretty good. I am sure your clients are happy with them.
    I very much like the one with the young man on white with the close up image behind him.
    15524779-Ti.gifagree
  • LizaLiza Registered Users Posts: 57 Big grins
    edited May 7, 2006
    Very creative shots! This is the type of image I love to see. They're very inspiring.
    Canon 20D | Canon 10D | 50mm f/1.8 | 85mm f/1.8 | 100mm f/2 | 100mm f/2.8 macro| 200 f/2.8L | 70-200 f/4L | 75-300 USM II | Tamron 28-75 | Sigma 100-300 | 580EX | Tamron 1.4x T-con | Various and sundry p&s and film cameras
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited May 7, 2006
    bowdown.gif

Holy Schmoly - #s 1 and 3, some really really fine work there!

clap.gifclap.gif
  • Michiel de BriederMichiel de Brieder Registered Users Posts: 864 Major grins
    edited May 7, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    Holy Schmoly - #s 1 and 3, some really really fine work there!
    I'm going to agree with Andy here, but only partially, #3 is the best but for one thing, you should not have cut off his right hand, that's a no-go for the composition as far as I'm concerned. It is a real pity as the rest of that picture is truly marvellous and the best of the bunch!

Cheers
    *In my mind it IS real*
    Michiel de Brieder
    http://www.digital-eye.nl
  • jdfaithjdfaith Registered Users Posts: 172 Major grins
    edited May 7, 2006
    Beautiful. Wonderful composition and creativity. Great photos.
  • jwearjwear Registered Users Posts: 8,009 Major grins
    edited May 7, 2006
    #3 is great I do not agree about the hand if you are going to worry about that then what about the foot headscratch.gifne_nau.gif the front picture is a lead in to the eyes in the back shot --if I can find a way to do this I will do this for my son thumb.gifclap.gif very very nice, Jeff
    Jeff W

“PHOTOGRAPHY IS THE ‘JAZZ’ FOR THE EYES…”

http://jwear.smugmug.com/
    edited May 7, 2006
    Thank you so much!
    I appreciate the comments!

Hmm.. about the hand..

I shot it full frame... but when I went to put the top layer on, I couldnt get it far enough from his face in the background without scooting it far left and lost part of his hand... I tried it as a horizontal crop and it didnt do a thing for me. It sold well, so I guess it was ok.. but yeah.. I agree, it bothered me too.. sometimes Im a crappy cropper. Laughing.gif Croppings hard for me, in this case.. it was all I could do.

Jeff, it's easy to do. ;o) start with the size you want as a white canvas.. drag and drop the BW image and then adjust the opacity to whatever you want to make it opaque. Drag and drop the top image on top of it. and use your magic eraser to take the background out... clean up any edges and voila! You got it! ;o)

Thank you for the feed back guys.. I really enjoy this board!

Yvette
  • NimaiNimai Registered Users Posts: 564 Major grins
    edited May 21, 2006
    I love the framing and layout work you've done with these. They're more than just prints. I'm sure the kids loved them.
  • LeDudeLeDude Registered Users Posts: 501 Major grins
    edited May 21, 2006
    They are all excellent. I will take a different tack though and say that #5 is my favorite. I think the result is more impressive because the subject was more "difficult." I think he'll be able to look at #5 in years to come (and so will his kids) and look upon the shot fondly. #4 too... were you consciously going for a 80's Jordan look with the border & font?

-Rich
    We are the music-makers; and we are the dreamers of dreams.
    ... come along.
  • ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,934 moderator
    edited May 21, 2006
    These are excellent and I'm sure when your subjects look back at these,
    they'll be much happier with them than a standard head shot/formal
    portrait. Very nicely done!
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?