Where did my galleries go??

yaopixyaopix Registered Users Posts: 38 Big grins
edited April 16, 2007 in SmugMug Support
When I'm logged out and I click on my "photos" button in my navbar it takes me to my cateogories. If i click on those categories none of my pictures show up in their respective galleries?

Can someone please help????? They show up when I'm logged in so I know they are there.

J.

Comments

• ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited May 6, 2006
    yaopix wrote:
    When I'm logged out and I click on my "photos" button in my navbar it takes me to my cateogories. If i click on those categories none of my pictures show up in their respective galleries?

Can someone please help????? They show up when I'm logged in so I know they are there.

J.
    try clearing your cookies from your browser, i seem to get it all over here...
  • yaopixyaopix Registered Users Posts: 38 Big grins
    edited May 6, 2006
    Never mind
    Never mind I got them back.

J
    yaopix wrote:
    When I'm logged out and I click on my "photos" button in my navbar it es me to my cateogories. If i click on those categories none of my pictures show up in their respective galleries?

J.
    edited May 6, 2006
    Hmmm. can you offer a suggestion?
    I had to remove the following from my CSS.
    #galleriesBox {display:none;}
    .loggedIn #galleriesBox {display:block;}

Now I get the "Galleries galleries" back at the bottom of my page.

Confused?

yaopix wrote:
    Never mind I got them back.

J
  • ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited May 6, 2006
    yaopix wrote:
    I had to remove the following from my CSS.
    #galleriesBox {display:none;}
    .loggedIn #galleriesBox {display:block;}

Now I get the "Galleries galleries" back at the bottom of my page.

Confused?
    Must have crossed out first posts...

the code as you had it, should not be in there if you have sub-cats, use following instead
    .category_Galleries #galleriesBox {display:none;}
    .loggedIn .category_Galleries #galleriesBox {display:block;}

edited May 6, 2006
    You are 'da man!
    Ivar,

I put the code in and my pictures are gone again?

Here's what I've got:
    /* remove categories box when logged out */
    #categoriesBox {display:none;}
    .loggedIn #categoriesBox {display:block;}

Jeff

ivar wrote:
    Must have crossed out first posts...

the code as you had it, should not be in there if you have sub-cats, use following instead

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited May 6, 2006
    yaopix wrote:
    Ivar,

I put the code in and my pictures are gone again?

Jeff

If you describe what you are trying to do, we can help. Be very detailed, please.

The code you are using, IS DESIGNED to remove those elements. But you can have your cake and eat it too :D I just want to be sure of ALL of you objectives.

Thanks
    edited May 6, 2006
    What I would like to do is not have any Categories box or Galleries Box show up when I am logged out/ or when a customer is looking at pictures. However, I want them to show when I am logged in so I can easily access my private galleries/categories, i.e. Site Files etc...

Essentially, I like the clean look when someone clicks on my "photos" navbar button and is presented only with my galleries named, Baseball, Football etc... I don't like the line with "Galleries galleries" underneath.

Further, when they click on their chosen sport it takes them to their respective games. It was working before, but after foolling around in my code to put in the smugsearch it seems to have stopped. Funny thing is I can see my pictures in their subgalleries when I'm logged in but not when I am logged out.

Does any of this make sense? I'm sorry if I'm not too clear.

Jeff

Andy wrote:
    If you describe what you are trying to do, we can help. Be very detailed, please.

The code you are using, IS DESIGNED to remove those elements. But you can have your cake and eat it too :D I just want to be sure of ALL of you objectives.

Thanks
    edited May 6, 2006
    yaopix wrote:
    What I would like to do is not have any Categories box or Galleries Box show up when I am logged out/ or when a customer is looking at pictures. However, I want them to show when I am logged in so I can easily access my private galleries/categories, i.e. Site Files etc...

Essentially, I like the clean look when someone clicks on my "photos" navbar button and is presented only with my galleries named, Baseball, Football etc... I don't like the line with "Galleries galleries" underneath.

Further, when they click on their chosen sport it takes them to their respective games. It was working before, but after foolling around in my code to put in the smugsearch it seems to have stopped. Funny thing is I can see my pictures in their subgalleries when I'm logged in but not when I am logged out.

Does any of this make sense? I'm sorry if I'm not too clear.

Jeff

Jeff, make your code look like this:

.category_Galleries #subcategoriesBox {display:none;}

.loggedIn .category_Galleries #subcategoriesBox {display:block;}

And be sure to set categories on the home page to SHOW not HIDE.

deal.gif
    edited May 6, 2006
    Andy,

Still not working. I copied your code into my CSS box.

When I take out the last two lines of your code my pictures come back for viewing. When I put those two lines of code in they disappear. I have also clicked "show" on my gallery categories.

As an example, if you go to my page and click on "photos" in the navbar it will take you to a blank page with only Yaopix>Galleries and then "Galleries galleries" at the bottom.

If I remove the last two lines of code I can click, for example,on my "photos" which will result in the following where I can view the pictures. Yaopix>Galleries>Soccer>Simsbury Crush

I still get the "Galleries galleries" though on the bottom.

Any other thoughts? I have left my page with the code in to see if you anyone can "click through" and see my pictures.ne_nau.gif

Jeff

Andy wrote:
    Jeff, make your code look like this:

.category_Galleries #subcategoriesBox {display:none;}

.loggedIn .category_Galleries #subcategoriesBox {display:block;}

And be sure to set categories on the home page to SHOW not HIDE.

deal.gif
    edited May 6, 2006
    yaopix wrote:
    Andy,

Still not working. I copied your code into my CSS box.

When I take out the last two lines of your code my pictures come back for viewing. When I put those two lines of code in they disappear. I have also clicked "show" on my gallery categories.

As an example, if you go to my page and click on "photos" in the navbar it will take you to a blank page with only Yaopix>Galleries and then "Galleries galleries" at the bottom.

If I remove the last two lines of code I can click, for example,on my "photos" which will result in the following where I can view the pictures. Yaopix>Galleries>Soccer>Simsbury Crush

I still get the "Galleries galleries" though on the bottom.

Any other thoughts? I have left my page with the code in to see if you anyone can "click through" and see my pictures.ne_nau.gif

Jeff

You should be all set now. Have a look.
    edited May 6, 2006
    Andy,

I still have "Galleries gallleries" showing at the level:

Yaopix>Galleries

Can that be removed?

I'm sounding like a broken record but.... thank you again!

Jeff

Andy wrote:
    You should be all set now. Have a look.
    edited May 6, 2006
    yaopix wrote:
    Andy,

Yaopix>Galleries

Can that be removed?

Jeff
    That was fixed like, 4 minutes ago lol3.gif
    edited May 6, 2006
    You fixed it!!!
    Andy,

You rock!

I love my site and I love Smugmug and it's support team.

P.S. Reviewing these boards it doesn't look like you ever take a day off. You are something - have these guys give you a raise!:D

Thanks!!!!

yaopix wrote:
    Andy,

Yaopix>Galleries

Can that be removed?

Jeff
  • dcyphertdcyphert Registered Users Posts: 219 Major grins
    edited April 16, 2007
    Subgalleries missing???
    It seems my subgalleries are missing on my entire site! I just logged onto a different computer other than my home PC (where they were all there)...to discover this....I didn't change any CSS code either. Can anyone else see (or not see) this?...please, anyone assist? Thank you.
    Dave

Canon EOS 30D, EOS Rebel XT, (2) Canon 430ex ETTL Flash, Canon 70-200mm IS USM L, 28-135mm IS USM lenses, Canon ST-E2 Wireless transmitter, Stroboframe flash bracket, Off camera shoe, Canon Remote Timer
    edited April 16, 2007
    dcyphert wrote:
    It seems my subgalleries are missing on my entire site! I just logged onto a different computer other than my home PC (where they were all there)...to discover this....I didn't change any CSS code either. Can anyone else see (or not see) this?...please, anyone assist? Thank you.
    We don't have subgalleries- but your subcategories and their galleries are showing fine for us, have a look here?

http://propointmedia.smugmug.com/Senior%20Portraits

Does this help?
    edited April 16, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    We don't have subgalleries- but your subcategories and their galleries are showing fine for us, have a look here?

http://propointmedia.smugmug.com/Senior%20Portraits

Does this help?

I'm sorry...I meant to say subcategories....there should be two inside the link above and there is nothing on my end....and all Categories are missing the subcategories I had in them. I saw them fine at home this morning, but when I got to my work PC they're gone...and come to think of it, yesterday afternoon on another PC laptop in my home they were missing too. I just hope my customers are seeing them.
    Dave

Canon EOS 30D, EOS Rebel XT, (2) Canon 430ex ETTL Flash, Canon 70-200mm IS USM L, 28-135mm IS USM lenses, Canon ST-E2 Wireless transmitter, Stroboframe flash bracket, Off camera shoe, Canon Remote Timer
    edited April 16, 2007
    dcyphert wrote:
    I'm sorry...I meant to say subcategories....there should be two inside the link above and there is nothing on my end....and all Categories are missing the subcategories I had in them. I saw them fine at home this morning, but when I got to my work PC they're gone...and come to think of it, yesterday afternoon on another PC laptop in my home they were missing too. I just hope my customers are seeing them.
    I'm guessing that your work place is blocking parts of SmugMug. I see them fine on all my browsers, logged in and logged out (as your customers would see them).
    edited April 16, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    I'm guessing that your work place is blocking parts of SmugMug. I see them fine on all my browsers, logged in and logged out (as your customers would see them).

I'm still on my work PC...I went into my CSS code and made a change from 'none' to 'block' .. (in bold, I wanted to change color for ease of seeing but don't see the color option above)ne_nau.gif

#subcategoriesBox .boxBottom {width:675px; text-align:center; height:auto; margin:20px 25px;}
    .miniBox .photo {float:none; width:123px; height:auto; _height:1px;}
    .miniBox .albumLarge .photoLarge {width:123px;}
    .miniBox .albumTitle {width:123px;}
    .miniBox .description {display: block;}
    .miniBox .updated {display: none;}

#subcategoriesBox .boxBottom .albumLarge {width:132px; height:auto; text-align:center; margin:0 24px;}
    .albumLarge .photoLarge {float:none; width:162px; height:auto; _height:1px;}
    .albumLarge .albumTitle {width:162px;}
    .albumLarge .description {display: block;}
    .albumLarge .updated {display: none;}

...and then went back to one of the galleries missing the Subcategory thumbs (where there is supposed to be 10 subcategories) and am able to see 10 horizontal lines where I would normaly see the thumbs and they are all hyperlinked to the gallerries they're supposed to be to...so I'm thinking that maybe the IP address isn't being blocked. I know my CSS needs cleaned up but not knowledgable enough..or brave enough to mess with it.
    Dave

edited April 16, 2007
    Andy wrote:

It must have been something in my CSS...I brought up a backup from last Friday the 13th and now they're there. Don't know what it was though.
    Dave