Options

The IOP Connector

ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
edited October 26, 2004 in Wildlife
Thought you all might be just dying to see this bridge, it goes over the marsh to the Isle Of Palms. It is a great bridge, because it lessens the traffic over the historic swing bridge to Sullivan's Island. I actually use both depending on where I am going. It is illegal to stop on this bridge, one can walk it, bicycle it, whatever, just don't stop the car...... I have taken photos of this marsh here, this photo and the other marsh photos yesterday came from this area.

Before this bridge was built, about 5 yrs ago?, the words, "the bridge is down" meant the Sullivan's Island bridge which used to be the only way off of/or on both islands. Those words meant where ever you were, you were going to be on that side of the bridge until it was fixed, often hours. I spent some great afternoons sitting at a filling station, drinking cokes, they drank beer, watching the marsh, the dolphins play, etc, while everyone waited for the bridge to be back up.

The filling station has been replaced by a restaurant, etc. Thought you might like to see this bridge and the marsh it crosses. It is actually a landscape in itself. My only criticism of it would be that I could have cut off some of that sky. Sorry.

Oh, I can't figure out if this is going or coming. I think it must be going to the island, we just can't see the inland waterway yet.

g

10408137-L.jpg
After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.