Question about Google results

NikonGirlNikonGirl Registered Users Posts: 204 Major grins
edited May 7, 2006 in SmugMug Support
When I go to Google and type yolanda photos, the google results lists me third in the list as follows:

Yolanda's recent photos[SIZE=-1]File Format: Unrecognized - View as HTML
img src="http://Yolanda.smugmug.com/photos/63950475-Th-1.jpg" width="150" height="100" alt="This is Max - Geri's new dog. Pictures taken on Sunday April 9th ...
www.yolanda.smugmug.com/hack/feed.mg?Type=nicknameRecentPhotos&Data=Yolanda&format=atom03 -

None of the links are good. Any idea why Google would list my Smugmug account this way?

Thanks!

[/SIZE]

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited May 7, 2006
    If you want more google hits, keyword your photos. Try googling for "westchester senior portrait" and see deal.gif

Embrace the power of Feeds

Get a browser that handles feeds - like Firefox.

This is a feed link to your most recent photos:
    www.yolanda.smugmug.com/hack/ feed.mg?Type=nicknameRecentPhotos&Data=Yolanda&format=atom03

Oh and here's what your link looks like in a feed-friendly browser...
  • NikonGirlNikonGirl Registered Users Posts: 204 Major grins
    edited May 7, 2006
    Thanks Andy. I appreciate the advice. I do use the Firefox browser.

Edited to deleted text - I think I have it figured out!
    Maybe there are settings in FIrefox that I need to figure out.
  • NikonGirlNikonGirl Registered Users Posts: 204 Major grins
    edited May 7, 2006
    Okay, now that I've determined that the Google link is an RSS feed, I have another question. When I go to my Smugmug site (or any site), I don't see the Live Bookmark logo on the bottom right hand corner in Firefox. I tested this on a 2nd computer, and it displays on the 2nd computer. What I see on my 1st computer is "Adblock" on the bottom-right hand corner of the browser. Is that taking the place of the Live Bookmark logo? I can't seem to get rid of it. If I disable it, it just says "Disable" instead of "Adblock".

Any suggestions on how I can enable RSS feeds? My Firefox browser is Version 1.5.0.3

Thanks!