Options

inkjetart.com

ruttrutt Registered Users Posts: 6,511 Major grins
edited October 26, 2004 in Digital Darkroom
I've noticed a lot of posts asking about where to buy printer supplies and where to find out about them. I've had great experiences with inkjetart.com. They have great technical support, you have to ask questions online and they don't get answered immediately, but in a day or so you do get really good answers. You can find out (proably) more than you wanted to know about the archival properties of you ink/paper combinations. Prices are good, better than most. And they have great 3rd party paper which in my experience is at least as good or better than the Epson stuff. For example, InkJetArt Micro Ceramic Luster is exatly the same as Epson Premium Luster, but less expensive. It also comes in some sizes that the Epson paper doesn't (17 inch rolls). Premium luster fans look here.

I don't love these guys the way I love Fotoshop, so I'd love to hear about alternatives or different inkjetart experiences. But this has proved to be a useful online resource.
If not now, when?

Comments

• Options
    mercphotomercphoto Registered Users Posts: 4,550 Major grins
    edited October 26, 2004
    rutt wrote:
    For example, InkJetArt Micro Ceramic Luster is exatly the same as Epson Premium Luster, but less expensive.

Wow, great price! Do you use the same printer/paper profile as you do for the Epson paper? I love the Epson Premium Luster, don't love the price.
    Bill Jurasz - Mercury Photography - Cedar Park, TX
    A former sports shooter
    Follow me at: https://www.flickr.com/photos/bjurasz/
    My Etsy store: https://www.etsy.com/shop/mercphoto?ref=hdr_shop_menu
  • Options
    ruttrutt Registered Users Posts: 6,511 Major grins
    edited October 26, 2004
    mercphoto wrote:
    Wow, great price! Do you use the same printer/paper profile as you do for the Epson paper? I love the Epson Premium Luster, don't love the price.
    I just use the same profile. Ink Jet Art might havve a profile fot this paper somewhere. Ask them and let us know.

The paper of theirs I've used the most is "Museum Digital" which is a "fine art" paper. This is like a super matte paper. It has great archival properties and to my eye, it looks better than the Premium Luster under glass. My rule of thumb is to use matte paper when it's going to be framed and semi gloss (like Premium Luster) for albums and the like. The fine art paper is tender; you have to be careful with it or the images will scratch.
    If not now, when?