3 month old & her reflection

MyViewMyView Registered Users Posts: 153 Major grins
edited May 9, 2006 in People
So, I took this shot this morning of my daughter. I was just trying different things. I set a mirror on the floor in front of a window (it was overcast today) and snapped a couple shots. I got this and was wondering what your thoughts were.

145197580.jpg

The quality is better in the original than the uploaded version. I so have to set up a smugmug account!!!
Lissa
www.photosbylissa.com
www.photosbylissa.blogspot.com

Gear
Nikon D200
Nikon D70
Nikon N70
Nikkor 24-70 f2.8
Nikkor 50mm f1.8
Tamron 28-75 f2.8
Nikkor 18-70
Tamron 75-300
SB-600

Comments

• Zoom RaiderZoom Raider Registered Users Posts: 317 Major grins
    edited May 9, 2006
    MyView wrote:
    So, I took this shot this morning of my daughter. I was just trying different things. I set a mirror on the floor in front of a window (it was overcast today) and snapped a couple shots. I got this and was wondering what your thoughts were.

145197580.jpg

The quality is better in the original than the uploaded version. I so have to set up a smugmug account!!!

Wow, nicely done... that b&w and color... and cute baby. God bless her.:):
    http://mostamazingprophecies.com

My Gear
    Camera: Nikon D50
    Lens: Sigma 18-50mm F3.5-5.6 DC
    Flash: Nikon SB600 SpeedLight
    Vertical Powergrip: Opteka Platinum Series
    Flash Diffuser: Lightsphere II (Clear)

Teleconverter: Quantaray 2x
    Lens Filters: 2 SunPak UV 58mm

Card: Lexar Platinum II 512mb/60x
    Bag: Canon 200DG

Printer: Canon PIXMA iP6700D

Fisher-Advent Audio
  • Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited May 9, 2006
    This is a very original concept, at least I have never seen it executed in quite this manner. The B&W really helps seperate the "original" from the reflection.

And, babies are, by definition, cute and this one is no exception. Reallly like the image.
  • MyViewMyView Registered Users Posts: 153 Major grins
    edited May 9, 2006
    thank-you both for your comments. I decided to change her to color and the mirrored image to b&w becuase it was hard to seperate the two.

What bothers me on this image is that I'm not sure if I should've shot it from the side more or a different angle or what exactly. I look at it and see it. But some do not (example, my husband walked in and looked at it and turned his head, he of course, looked to focus on her face, where I see her and then her reflection and she seems almost 3d to me when you look at it at this angle). I'm not sure if people get it. I hope that makes sense. I tried rotating it and flipping it, but you loose the feel when it's different than the original. Hmmmm

I bias, but she's a little sweetheart. lol
    Lissa
    www.photosbylissa.com
    www.photosbylissa.blogspot.com

Gear
    Nikon D200
    Nikon D70
    Nikon N70
    Nikkor 24-70 f2.8
    Nikkor 50mm f1.8
    Tamron 28-75 f2.8
    Nikkor 18-70
    Tamron 75-300
    SB-600
  • AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited May 9, 2006
    This is a very original concept, at least I have never seen it executed in quite this manner. The B&W really helps seperate the "original" from the reflection.

And, babies are, by definition, cute and this one is no exception. Reallly like the image.

15524779-Ti.gif