Options

Butterfly...

dups41dups41 Registered Users Posts: 83 Big grins
edited May 11, 2006 in Wildlife
68604250-O.jpg

Hi everyone,

I shot this yesterday at the San Diego Wild Animal Park's butterfly exhibition. What do you think of the selective saturation reduction? The color of the original was rather garish, but I am not sure whether this is toning it down too much?

Thanks,

Andrew

Comments

• Options
    HarrybHarryb Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 22,708 Major grins
    edited May 9, 2006
    The saturation reduction looks strange here. I'm guessing you wanted the butterfly to stand out from the hands. Maybe a selctive color treatment with everything B&W except for the butterfly.
    Harry
    http://behret.smugmug.com/ NANPA member
    How many photographers does it take to change a light bulb? 50. One to change the bulb, and forty-nine to say, "I could have done that better!"
  • Options
    dups41dups41 Registered Users Posts: 83 Big grins
    edited May 11, 2006
    Harryb wrote:
    The saturation reduction looks strange here. I'm guessing you wanted the butterfly to stand out from the hands. Maybe a selctive color treatment with everything B&W except for the butterfly.

Thanks for the suggestion Harry. Here is my attempt at what you described. This scene was a whole lot more appealing in real life than I was able to capture, so perhaps photoshopping away for improvements is just :deadhorse

68960323-O.jpg