Options

R-w Blackbird

ThusieThusie Registered Users Posts: 1,818 Major grins
edited May 11, 2006 in Wildlife
Going to extremes here. Figure if I can get the EC on white/black birds the tweeners 'should' be easier?? Maybe not:D Hey a least it isn't another Bjay.
C&C welcome/needed.

68555505-L.jpg

Late afternoon and the light was changing rather quickly, not sure I handled it too well.

68555364-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited May 9, 2006
    Thusie wrote:
    Going to extremes here. Figure if I can get the EC on white/black birds the tweeners 'should' be easier?? Maybe not:D Hey a least it isn't another Bjay.
    C&C welcome/needed.

Late afternoon and the light was changing rather quickly, not sure I handled it too well.

Lovely colour under that wing...... hope we get to see some birds during the Shoot Out........ nice shots........... Skippy (Australia)
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • Options
    edited May 9, 2006
    Skippy wrote:
    Lovely colour under that wing...... hope we get to see some birds during the Shoot Out........ nice shots........... Skippy (Australia)

You are going to have such a grand time Skippy! Thanks for looking
  • Options
    dallasdallas Registered Users Posts: 1,638 Major grins
    edited May 9, 2006
    I like these shots. I still haven't got a good exposure on the RWB.clap.gifclap.gif
  • Options
    edited May 9, 2006
    dallas wrote:
    I like these shots. I still haven't got a good exposure on the RWB.clap.gifclap.gif

Thanks Dallas! I was very lucky he sat there long enough I could play around with the settings. Hopefully I learned something:D
  • Options
    HarrybHarryb Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 22,708 Major grins
    edited May 9, 2006
    Very nice shots Thusie. You handled the exposure extremely well. clap.gif It can be very tough to get feather detail in the darker birds.
    Harry
    http://behret.smugmug.com/ NANPA member
    How many photographers does it take to change a light bulb? 50. One to change the bulb, and forty-nine to say, "I could have done that better!"
  • Options
    windozewindoze Registered Users Posts: 2,830 Major grins
    edited May 10, 2006
    that is one hard bird to capture well....
    i wont even go near it!
    you did fine and at least you're out there working on it!!

troy
  • Options
    edited May 10, 2006
    Harryb wrote:
    Very nice shots Thusie. You handled the exposure extremely well. clap.gif It can be very tough to get feather detail in the darker birds.

Thanks Harry. Certainly could be better, but all in all I'm pretty pleased. You should have seen, or not, all the one that hit the trash..Nastyeek7.gif
  • Options
    edited May 10, 2006
    that is one hard bird to capture well....
    i wont even go near it!

YOU the songbird King? I was sure that in the archives there had to be an absolutly perfect shot of one that you tookne_nau.gif
    you did fine and at least you're out there working on it!!

Thank you Troy.
  • Options
    windozewindoze Registered Users Posts: 2,830 Major grins
    edited May 10, 2006
    Thusie wrote:
    YOU the songbird King? I was sure that in the archives there had to be an absolutly perfect shot of one that you tookne_nau.gif

Thank you Troy.

lol, ive having enough of a time with "white" birds, "black" birds are even more difficult.....

but ya never know - there are some RW-blackbirds in my neck of the woods so maybe ill give it a try...

troy
  • Options
    kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,681 moderator
    edited May 10, 2006
    Nicely done. I agree with the other comments. I still haven't gotten a clean shot of a RWB.

Regards,
    -joel
  • Options
    edited May 10, 2006
    kdog wrote:
    Nicely done. I agree with the other comments. I still haven't gotten a clean shot of a RWB.

Regards,
    -joel
    Thanks Joel. Had a huge advantage he just kept sitting there so I could fiddle with the camera settings. One would think with all the time I had, bird speak time, I could have done better:):
  • Options
    riddim_makerriddim_maker Registered Users Posts: 1,835 Major grins
    edited May 10, 2006
    clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif
    Russ
  • Options
    edited May 10, 2006
    clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif

Thank you Russ
  • Options
    Ric GrupeRic Grupe Registered Users Posts: 9,522 Major grins
    edited May 10, 2006
    Not bad!!

Don't you just love the sound these birds make. They were all around me today...but they would not pose for me.

Good goin' Thusie. clap.gif
  • Options
    ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited May 10, 2006
    Nice shots, Thusie! Those birds are hard to catch! The big ones should be easy for you now. You had to start on the more difficult size. Around here there are a lot of them. I keep photographing them, but still haven't gotten any as nice as yours!

ginger
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • Options
    edited May 11, 2006
    Thanks Ginger and Ric. Yes Ric they really do make a wonderful sound. I've had a couple show up here, Dawes has a bunch.
  • Options
    Dick on ArubaDick on Aruba Registered Users Posts: 3,484 Major grins
    edited May 11, 2006
    Nice to have pics. Well done.

Dick.
    "Nothing sharpens sight like envy."
    Thomas Fuller.

SmugMug account.
    Website.