edited May 9, 2006
    where are you!? lol3.gif

great shots, very cool birds.
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• Options
    dallasdallas Registered Users Posts: 1,638 Major grins
    edited May 9, 2006
    I wish we had some birds like that. Good captures......clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif
  • Options
    KhaosKhaos Registered Users Posts: 2,435 Major grins
    edited May 9, 2006
    DoctorIt wrote:
    where are you!? lol3.gif

great shots, very cool birds.

:D National Aviary in Pittsburgh, PA.

I don't have the money to travel the world with my camera (my dream). So I try to find the next best thing. This aviary has a wetland and rain forest indoors putting birds in their natural habitat as best as possible. Thus I can take uncaged shots and make it look like in the wild.

Except for my Eagle shots, the birds found in North America are actual in the wild shots. The rest, well, again, no money to visit them where they live.:cry

I do go back multiple times to the Aviary though. Some birds are socialble, but many are shy. Feeding time is when they come out. I still see new ones each time. The Barbet was a new one I saw the last time I went.

This guy I got once (lesser green broadbill), and never seen again. He's there, just hiding.:uhoh

25214339-L-1.jpg
  • Options
    ThusieThusie Registered Users Posts: 1,818 Major grins
    edited May 9, 2006
    Very nice, very colorful birds!
  • Options
    HarrybHarryb Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 22,708 Major grins
    edited May 9, 2006
    Very nice work. You handled what seems to be somepoor lighting well. thumb.gif
    Harry
    http://behret.smugmug.com/ NANPA member
    How many photographers does it take to change a light bulb? 50. One to change the bulb, and forty-nine to say, "I could have done that better!"
  • Options
    vandanavandana Registered Users Posts: 373 Major grins
    edited May 9, 2006
    Some cool shots of the barbet thumb.gif! I saw a white-cheeked barbet looking quite similar in India , and well, I wish I get a chance to take pictures at the aviary in Pittsburgh ! Got some crappy, OOF shots of these there :cry http://vandana.smugmug.com/photos/68248542-L-1.jpg is probably the best of the bad lot !
    It makes quite a loud racket and is hidden somehwere up in the trees. Your exposures are quite good.