Portuguese young man

Antonio CorreiaAntonio Correia Registered Users Posts: 6,241 Major grins
edited May 9, 2006 in People
He will be working in Rock in Rio, Lisboa Portugal 2006
All the best ! ... António Correia - Facebook

Comments

• SeefutlungSeefutlung Registered Users Posts: 2,781 Major grins
    edited May 9, 2006
    Good portrait ... shows personality ... is this window lighting? The lighting works because it is very diffused ... but it looks as if half the face is in shadow ... I would try to stay away from bisecting the face in half with light and shadow.

-Gary-
    My snaps can be found here:
    Unsharp at any Speed
  • Antonio CorreiaAntonio Correia Registered Users Posts: 6,241 Major grins
    edited May 9, 2006
    Seefutlung wrote:
    Good portrait ... shows personality ... is this window lighting? The lighting works because it is very diffused ... but it looks as if half the face is in shadow ... I would try to stay away from bisecting the face in half with light and shadow.

-Gary-
    At my left there is a large window from our feet to the top and along the room. It is morning and there is no direct sun in the room. So, the light is very diffused.
    The floor is mostly white.
    At the back of the model it's a bookcase fencing wood.
    Later, I had moved to my left side where I have a white wall as you can see in the other portraits... and the light changed.
    I was shooting with 2 cameras: a 350D with 16~35 Canon LUSM and a 20D with 24~70 Canon LUSM. 200 ISO for both, Program.
    I had made a little test about the aperture on the 1.st shots ...
    The models were always 0,5 meters away from the wall to avoid his/her own shadow.
    I was about 1,5 to 2,0 meters away ...
    The 16~35 was most of the time in the 35mm. That is 57,6mm. Very little. I was using this lens just to see the result.
    I was making a bet on the 24~70 and the 20 D. At 80mm (perfect for portrait)
    Ah! Almost forgot: RAW on both cameras.
    Unfortunaly something is wrong with the dam lens (24~70) and some pictures were out of focus ... Some were good, some were not.
    I have been reading a little bit about flash in
    ttp://www.planetneil.com/faq/flash-techniques.html
    (sorry I wanted green but it only goes out this lausy blue)
    and I wonder if I could have used one for the back of the models, to the shape ...
    I am sure someday I'll have another assignment like this.
    Then I will have another problem: The window is going to be - one of these days - covered with reflective skin to darken the inside.
    Thank you.
    Regards. thumb.gif
    All the best ! ... António Correia - Facebook