Uploading Problems

scolainsolascolainsola Registered Users Posts: 18 Big grins
edited May 10, 2006 in SmugMug Support
I am a new member to Smugmug and I have sucessfully uploaded quite a few galleries the past couple of weeks. Lately I have been unable to batch upload images. I am getting a message that says I can only upload jpegs or gifs.

Any suggestions? And yes, I double checked and all the images I am uploading are JPG - no other files.

- I am running Mac OS X 10.4.6
- I am using the Beta uploader because the other upload methods have never worked right (getting error messages)

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited May 10, 2006
    I am a new member to Smugmug and I have sucessfully uploaded quite a few galleries the past couple of weeks. Lately I have been unable to batch upload images. I am getting a message that says I can only upload jpegs or gifs.

Any suggestions? And yes, I double checked and all the images I am uploading are JPG - no other files.

- I am running Mac OS X 10.4.6
    - I am using the Beta uploader because the other upload methods have never worked right (getting error messages)

Hi wave.gif
    Sorry you are having troubles! Are you using Safari, Firefox, or other browser? And what version of the browser please?

Also, are you sure the files you are trying to upload are not larger than 8mb (Standard and power) and 16mb (pro) and 48 megapixels for all accounts?

ear.gif let us know

http://www.smugmug.com/help/problems
  • scolainsolascolainsola Registered Users Posts: 18 Big grins
    edited May 10, 2006
    I am using Safari 2.0.3. Think Firefox might work better?

The files are all under 8mb (about 1mb) and well under 48 megapixels :D.
  • scolainsolascolainsola Registered Users Posts: 18 Big grins
    edited May 10, 2006
    Nevermind - My files are all around the 8mb limit - which would probably be the reason I am having problems. I must be exporting them from aperture with a higher setting than I used to - I will adjust and try it again.

Thanks!
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited May 10, 2006
    Nevermind - My files are all around the 8mb limit - which would probably be the reason I am having problems. I must be exporting them from aperture with a higher setting than I used to - I will adjust and try it again.

Thanks!
    That, will do it. Let us know!

:D
  • dmcdmc Registered Users Posts: 427 Major grins
    edited May 10, 2006
    Can't the "Beta" uploader ever get improved to tell the user what the problem is? rolleyes1.gif