Spock's Beard

camblercambler Registered Users Posts: 277 Major grins
edited May 12, 2006 in People
At about 8:30pm on Tuesday night, as I was getting ready to settle down to an evening of Boston Legal, I received a phone call from a friend of mine. My favorite progressive rock band, Spock's Beard, was playing in Seattle, would be going on at 11pm, and could I get my butt down there in time to shoot the show?

I don't think I've ever broken that many speed and traffic laws before.

The full gallery of 22 frames is at http://www.AmblerPhoto.com/Portfolio/Amplitudes/SpocksBeard/

Here's one shot. All photos were done with my D200, shooting at ISO 2500 (equiv. EV5, I believe Nikon calls it), f/2.8 at between 1/50 and 1/100, depending on what the light was doing. Everything shot with available light. I've found that shooting RAW at this high ISO isn't nearly as bad as the D70, especially when setting the blackpoint to at least 5 washes out quite a lot of the noise in the black.

SpocksBeard-18.photo

Comments

• ridetwistyroadsridetwistyroads Registered Users Posts: 526 Major grins
    edited May 11, 2006
    I love Spocks Beard. ylsuper.gif

Nice set of photo's in the album, too. thumb.gif
    "There is a place for me somewhere, where I can write and speak much as I think, and make it pay for my living and some besides. Just where this place is I have small idea now, but I am going to find it" Carl Sandburg
  • Rab-CilbupRab-Cilbup Registered Users Posts: 25 Big grins
    edited May 12, 2006
    Great pics - am a Beard fan as well, although more of the stuff before Neal left but I've continued to buy their new material as well.
    mark kennedy