Lone Flower

ridetwistyroadsridetwistyroads Registered Users Posts: 526 Major grins
edited May 12, 2006 in Holy Macro
All by itself.....

68318705-L.jpg

C + C welcomed and encouraged.
"There is a place for me somewhere, where I can write and speak much as I think, and make it pay for my living and some besides. Just where this place is I have small idea now, but I am going to find it" Carl Sandburg

Comments

• gluwatergluwater Registered Users Posts: 3,599 Major grins
    edited May 11, 2006
    Why with such a beautiful subject go B&W? I think I would much prefer this shot in color. I like the use of DOF to isolate the subject but there is also a flower on the left side that is partially in focus that distracts from the main flower. Maybe a tighter crop?
    Nick
    SmugMug Technical Account Manager
    Travel = good. Woo, shooting!
    nickwphoto
  • DanielBDanielB Registered Users Posts: 2,362 Major grins
    edited May 11, 2006
    gluwater wrote:
    Why with such a beautiful subject go B&W? I think I would much prefer this shot in color. I like the use of DOF to isolate the subject but there is also a flower on the left side that is partially in focus that distracts from the main flower. Maybe a tighter crop?

15524779-Ti.gif blur out that other focused flower, crop away the right side, and make this color again and you've got a real winnerthumb.gif
    Daniel Bauer
    smugmug: www.StandOutphoto.smugmug.com

• ridetwistyroadsridetwistyroads Registered Users Posts: 526 Major grins
    edited May 11, 2006
    Well, I did b+w because the sun was doing bad things and washed out alot of the color. I saw black and white as the only way to salvage the shot, actually. It was pretty bad.:cry

I do agree with blurring the other flowers in focus - just wansn't sure it was necessary. Thank you for the confirmation.

Maybe it looks like it'd be good in color because I used a red filter before doing the b+w conversion? All I know is that the original sucked, and I couldn't make it go anywhere with levels. headscratch.gif
    "There is a place for me somewhere, where I can write and speak much as I think, and make it pay for my living and some besides. Just where this place is I have small idea now, but I am going to find it" Carl Sandburg
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited May 12, 2006
    cool i loved it
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • ridetwistyroadsridetwistyroads Registered Users Posts: 526 Major grins
    edited May 12, 2006
    cool i loved it

thanks.