How to add photos to a gallery when your breadcrumbs are shut off?

Cliff PhotoCliff Photo Registered Users Posts: 128 Major grins
edited May 14, 2006 in SmugMug Support
Is there a way to allow this to still function with the breadcrumbs turned off? I turned them back on to allow an upload, it just seems there might be a way around this without having to jump into my CSS everytime I want to upload... :dunno

Cliff

Nikon shooter: D200, Tokina 12-24, 17-55 2.8, 70-200 VR 2.8, 50 1.4 :click

Comments

• bwgbwg Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,119 SmugMug Employee
    edited May 12, 2006
    Is there a way to allow this to still function with the breadcrumbs turned off? I turned them back on to allow an upload, it just seems there might be a way around this without having to jump into my CSS everytime I want to upload... ne_nau.gif

Cliff
    put this in addition to your current breadcrumb css

.loggedIn #breadcrumb {display: block;}

that will turn the breadcrumb on when you are logged in, but off when logged out.
    Pedal faster
  • Cliff PhotoCliff Photo Registered Users Posts: 128 Major grins
    edited May 12, 2006
    bigwebguy wrote:

that will turn the breadcrumb on when you are logged in, but off when logged out.

Thanks so much! thumb.gif

Nikon shooter: D200, Tokina 12-24, 17-55 2.8, 70-200 VR 2.8, 50 1.4 :click
  • dogwooddogwood Registered Users Posts: 2,572 Major grins
    edited May 12, 2006
    yeah!
    bigwebguy wrote:

This beats my method of temporarily cutting the CSS code out of my control panel, uploading the pics, then replacing the code! Thanks bigwebguy!

Portland, Oregon Photographer Pete Springer
    website blog instagram facebook g+

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited May 12, 2006
    dogwood wrote:
    This beats my method of temporarily cutting the CSS code out of my control panel, uploading the pics, then replacing the code! Thanks bigwebguy!
    Which, if you'd use Firefox, and the Firefox Web Dev tool, you'd NEVER have to do naughty.gif

you simply "edit css" select all, delete, and boom, all the stuff is there for you.

naughty.gif

FF Rawks
  • dogwooddogwood Registered Users Posts: 2,572 Major grins
    edited May 12, 2006
    i'm missing something...
    Andy wrote:
    Which, if you'd use Firefox, and the Firefox Web Dev tool, you'd NEVER have to do naughty.gif

you simply "edit css" select all, delete, and boom, all the stuff is there for you.

naughty.gif

FF Rawks

... as usual. How does deleting the CSS in the FF Web Dev tool let me upload photos? Doesn't FF Web Dev only affect how your browser displays the page-- but doesn't actually affect the actual page code? No rush, but if you'd care to explain this, Andy, I'd be interested in learning more.

Anyway, I can only use the FF Web Dev tool at home (can't download it at work) which means there are plenty of times it's not available to me.

Portland, Oregon Photographer Pete Springer
    website blog instagram facebook g+

• Matthew SavilleMatthew Saville Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,352 Major grins
    edited May 13, 2006
    Andy wrote:

naughty.gif

FF Rawks
    bigwebguy wrote:
    I love you guys! I've been doing this the caveman way too, but no more!! Sweet!!!

-Matt-
    My first thought is always of light.” – Galen Rowell
    My SmugMug PortfolioMy Astro-Landscape Photo BlogDgrin Weddings Forum
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited May 14, 2006
    dogwood wrote:
    ... as usual. How does deleting the CSS in the FF Web Dev tool let me upload photos? Doesn't FF Web Dev only affect how your browser displays the page-- but doesn't actually affect the actual page code? No rush, but if you'd care to explain this, Andy, I'd be interested in learning more.

Anyway, I can only use the FF Web Dev tool at home (can't download it at work) which means there are plenty of times it's not available to me.

Then do the .logged in thingie deal.gif