Options

Mac book pro 17 inch is here!!!

Mike LaneMike Lane Registered Users Posts: 7,106 Major grins
edited May 15, 2006 in Digital Darkroom
SWEEET! It arrived before the shoot out. If I can get bootcamp loaded in time it'll be with me. w00t!
Y'all don't want to hear me, you just want to dance.

http://photos.mikelanestudios.com/

Comments

• Options
    suntzusuntzu Registered Users Posts: 31 Big grins
    edited May 12, 2006
    Loading BootCamp is no problem and I haven't seen any problems so far on my 15 MBP. I would recommend installing the software updates, then the firmware, then BootCamp before you do anything else. The repartitioning is extremely quick when I did it this way. I selected 20GB on my 100GB drive but that's starting to feel like it's too much. I also formated it as FAT32 so I could transfer/edit stuff over.
  • Options
    DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited May 12, 2006
    Awesome!

Perty, ain't it?
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • Options
    edited May 14, 2006
    suntzu wrote:
    Loading BootCamp is no problem and I haven't seen any problems so far on my 15 MBP. I would recommend installing the software updates, then the firmware, then BootCamp before you do anything else. The repartitioning is extremely quick when I did it this way. I selected 20GB on my 100GB drive but that's starting to feel like it's too much. I also formated it as FAT32 so I could transfer/edit stuff over.

This may be out of my league, but I don't think FAT32 is a good idea for a Mac startup disk, at least that's what I've heard...
    Moderator Emeritus
  • Options
    bwgbwg Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,119 SmugMug Employee
    edited May 15, 2006
    DavidTO wrote:
    This may be out of my league, but I don't think FAT32 is a good idea for a Mac startup disk, at least that's what I've heard...
    he's talking about the windows partition
    Pedal faster
  • Options
    DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited May 15, 2006
    Mike Lane wrote:
    w00t!
    clippy? and you just a got a Mac?
    rolleyes1.gif

jk lol3.gifthumb.gif
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• Options
    edited May 15, 2006
    bigwebguy wrote:
    he's talking about the windows partition

You can format the windows partition as a different disk format? Huh.
    Moderator Emeritus
  • Options
    patch29patch29 Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,928 Major grins
    edited May 15, 2006
    How does photoshop work on it? Is it super slow? If you could process some raw files and post some processing times that would be awesome. thumb.gif

Congratulations. I have been looking at one myself, but I am going to try to wait for PS to catch up or maybe a 19" MBP. deal.giflol3.gif
  • Options
    Mike LaneMike Lane Registered Users Posts: 7,106 Major grins
    edited May 15, 2006
    No photoshop on here for me. Bootcamp requires an installation disk with Windows SP2 on it and I didn't have that and I didn't have a way to get that quickly when I found out. So no Boot Camp, Windows, or Photoshop on here right now. Maybe someday.

Though, I hear rumors that Adobe may be releasing CS3 by December. So maybe I won't put Boot Camp on here at all ne_nau.gif
    Y'all don't want to hear me, you just want to dance.

http://photos.mikelanestudios.com/