10486250-L.jpg
Thomas :D

TML Photography
tmlphoto.com

Comments

• Options
    DJ-S1DJ-S1 Registered Users Posts: 2,303 Major grins
    edited October 28, 2004
    Wow, that's a great job! thumb.gif More! More!
  • Options
    pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,697 moderator
    edited October 28, 2004
    tmlphoto wrote:
    Hot off the presses.
    10486250-L.jpg

You devil - I've been looking forward to the eclipse tonight for several weeks and visibilty is abysmal - I cannot even identify where the moon is - it is to the EAST according to my Starry Night software, but darned if I can find it!!

Way to go Thomas - Is this a stacked image or a single frame? And what were your optics? Great catch. Did you get a frame in color too?
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
  • Options
    cvancotthemcvancotthem Registered Users Posts: 9 Beginner grinner
    edited October 28, 2004
    awesome picture great quality up close what type of camera do you have? and how long was the shutter?
  • Options
    tmlphototmlphoto Registered Users Posts: 1,444 Major grins
    edited October 28, 2004
    pathfinder wrote:
    You devil - I've been looking forward to the eclipse tonight for several weeks and visibilty is abysmal - I cannot even identify where the moon is - it is to the EAST according to my Starry Night software, but darned if I can find it!!

Way to go Thomas - Is this a stacked image or a single frame? And what were your optics? Great catch. Did you get a frame in color too?
    Here is a color version. You can kind of see the red band. Maybe I should up the red sat a little. 100-400 with 2x . Single image. Bumbed up shadows about 10% in Highlight/Shadow to bring back the dark part.

10486966-L.jpg

TML Photography
    tmlphoto.com
  • Options
    tmlphototmlphoto Registered Users Posts: 1,444 Major grins
    edited October 28, 2004
    EXIF info
    awesome picture great quality up close what type of camera do you have? and how long was the shutter?
    Thanks for looking.
    Canon 10D, 1/15s, f/11, ISO 100, 100-400 (2x converter), FL 800mm (about 1300mm 35mm equivalent)

TML Photography
    tmlphoto.com
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited October 28, 2004
    nod.gif very nice, tml.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    MainFraggerMainFragger Registered Users Posts: 563 Major grins
    edited October 29, 2004
    Too Cloudy, but...
    In Philly the first half hour, the moon was visible. Then it disappeared behind the clouds for the rest of the night. Here is a cool shot that I took, just as it was beginning..you can see just a sliver of the moon covered.