Challenge 64 - Richshawwala

harjttharjtt Registered Users Posts: 223 Major grins
edited May 15, 2006 in The Dgrin Challenges
Not sure if I was going to enter a shot for the challenge due to studyign and work getting in the way but I managed to take 1hour out last night after work and got these shots. Theyre not what I was hoping to get but as always beggars can't be choosers!

Pic1. Rickshawwala near Chinatown, London

69178164-L.jpg

Pic 2. Finest Cuisine - Human advertsing Board ChinaTown

69177995-L.jpg

Pic 3. Trash Palace _ Soho!

69177399-L.jpg

Pic 4. Pizza Pizza - My favoruite Pizza Palour in Soho.

69176670-L.jpg

Pic 5 - Senorita Asta

69176822-L.jpg

Sorry about the above shot - but my FZ's tiny sensor just doesn't cut it for low light shots without flash. Hence the B&W conversion.

Not really sure whether any of these are good enough - some of the shots already posted have been seriously fab :thumb:D - esp's Rutt's swan lake.

Cheers

HarjTT

:thumb:D:rofl

Comments

• FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    edited May 12, 2006
    These are really nice. I like ## 3 and 5 best for the challenge. #5 is especially appealing to me because of the way the background almost replicates the angle of the bow. I love photos with strong architectural elements, so it may just be me. Also, I am no expert on b&w conversions so cannot comment on that aspect of #5. I really like the straight on stare of the young man in #3. You have an embarrassment of riches with this set of photos.

Virginia

Email
  • sayntbrigidsayntbrigid Registered Users Posts: 381 Major grins
    edited May 12, 2006
    I like two and five the best, but they are all very nice :D
    True happiness is wanting what you have
    http://avatars.imvu.com/sayntbrigidii
  • MarkSBMarkSB Registered Users Posts: 96 Big grins
    edited May 13, 2006
    The violinist is likely your best shot here. It is the only one that shows immediately what the person is doing, shows action and concentration, and has both emotional and graphic excellence. thumb.gif
  • LeDudeLeDude Registered Users Posts: 501 Major grins
    edited May 13, 2006
    MarkSB wrote:
    The violinist is likely your best shot here. It is the only one that shows immediately what the person is doing, shows action and concentration, and has both emotional and graphic excellence. thumb.gif
    I concur. I also understand your personal reservations about the graininess of the shot. Try going for some PS-style effects on the photo. I wish I could tell you how, but I can't-I'm not so talented. Check out Awais's thread, because although it is not necessarily the treatment you are looking for, it does show what can be done when something in a shot just doesn't go right (in his case it was some severe blown highlights-he went with the flow and ended up with a spectacular shot, imo).
    We are the music-makers; and we are the dreamers of dreams.
    ... come along.
  • harjttharjtt Registered Users Posts: 223 Major grins
    edited May 13, 2006
    LeDude wrote:
    I concur. I also understand your personal reservations about the graininess of the shot. Try going for some PS-style effects on the photo. I wish I could tell you how, but I can't-I'm not so talented. Check out Awais's thread, because although it is not necessarily the treatment you are looking for, it does show what can be done when something in a shot just doesn't go right (in his case it was some severe blown highlights-he went with the flow and ended up with a spectacular shot, imo).
    Gini, Brigid, Mark & LeDude thanks for the replies and comments thumb.gif

LeDude, Thanks for posting that thread mate - I just took a quick look at the pic Awais's took and what a cracking shot cute bubba too! He's managed to do a really good job so I'll have to see what I can do, although I'm no photoshop expert. I tried using NeatImage to fix the noise but thats the best i could get, i do really like the shot and don't mind having grain/noise in some of my shots but in this pic its too strong for my liking.

Here's a couple more shots from the other day and two taken today of the ushers at what used to be Royal Naval Academy in Greenwich, London.

Pic 6. I wasn't sure on this as its kinda blown out at the top right hand corner.

69300840-L.jpg

Pic 7. The Trash Palace dude

69300854-L.jpg

Pic 8. Sylvia at Greenwich - once again blown out highlights

69300845-L.jpg

Pic 9. Sylvia's colleague as you can tell a very happy chap indeed!

69300847-L.jpg

Cheers

HarjTT

thumb.gifD
  • AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited May 13, 2006
  • harjttharjtt Registered Users Posts: 223 Major grins
    edited May 15, 2006
    Cutting it a bit fine...
    I know this is cutting it a bit fine.. but what do you guys and gals think about this version of the shot of Asata ?

69315279-L.jpg