How to Turn Off Right-Click, Save As?

JursyGurlJursyGurl Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
edited May 13, 2006 in SmugMug Support
Greetings -

Is there are way to turn off, or prohibit, users from right clicking on your photo's in SmugMug and saving them for their own use?

I have been to several SmugMug galleries and noticed if you right click a message comes up and states the photo falls under US Copyright laws and it will not allow you to "snag" the photo.

This is a personal issue for me as someone in the weather community "snagged" some winter snow photo's off my SmugMug site and used them in several forums without my permission, and without giving me photo credit.

I am not a great photographer, but I do have a few decent photo's and one that he took was one of them! So if there is a way to prevent access to "Save As" with a right click, I'd love to know how to do it.

Thank you,
Denise

Comments

• DodgeV83DodgeV83 Registered Users Posts: 379 Major grins
    edited May 12, 2006
    You can do it if you have a PRO account. Its in the gallery settings. Since you haven't seen it I'm assuming you don't have a PRO account. :( Sorry
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited May 12, 2006
    Hi JG, wave.gif welcome to Dgrin!

Dodge is right....

Your sitename, please?
  • BigAlBigAl Registered Users Posts: 2,294 Major grins
    edited May 13, 2006
    Remember though, just because right-click is disabled doesn't mean that the viewer cannot get your pic. Downloading a Web page to a PC means that the pics on that page are also downloaded to that PC. You just have to know where to look to find it.
  • JursyGurlJursyGurl Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited May 13, 2006
    Hi -

Yes, Pro Account and smart user's who know about sifting through their cache! Those are both answers I received via PM, too.

My SmugMug site name is "JursyGurl" - just like my DigitalGrinner.

If you go there... remember, I am very, very amature... nothing like many of the gorgeous photographers who populate SmugMug! A total newbie when it comes to my D100, even though I've owned it for a few years now, I am trying to self teach myself on how to use the many settings, and learn different techniques.

I have leukemia and am documenting our life and things I enjoy for those I will leave behind once I fail to respond to treatment. My camera has been great threapy for my spirits, especially my trips to the Two Pond Farm.

It just bothered me when I learned the weather geek lifted my photo.

Being able to turn off "external links" and "original size" are other good features! I had a couple of times when my bandwidth was driven up because someone was linking to high res photo's. But the SmugMug staff where very helpful and I upgraded to a Power User, just to be safe.

Thanks for your answers! I appreciate your help.

Regards,
    Denise