Options

Nicole

camblercambler Registered Users Posts: 277 Major grins
edited May 21, 2006 in People
I really like how this shot turned out. Unfortunately, nipples aren't allowed here, so I provide a link rather than an image.

http://journalpix.com/NS-043006-130.photo

The model is Nicole Scott. She makes the 12th shoot for my Hot Shots project, so we're looking to start releasing two sets a week beginning in June.

Comments

• Options
    DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited May 13, 2006
    Interesting. What is it that you like about it? You have some great shots, and then there are others that I just don't get. This is one. The woman in the kitchen you posted a while ago is another. So I'm interested, because you obviously have talent. What do you see in that image? It doesn't really interest me, but I *am* interested in why you like it.
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • Options
    LeDudeLeDude Registered Users Posts: 501 Major grins
    edited May 13, 2006
    DavidTO wrote:
    Interesting. What is it that you like about it? You have some great shots, and then there are others that I just don't get. This is one. The woman in the kitchen you posted a while ago is another. So I'm interested, because you obviously have talent. What do you see in that image? It doesn't really interest me, but I *am* interested in why you like it.

15524779-Ti.gif And I'm a dude, I like nipples, but this doesn't strike me as hot. So, the same questions/thoughts as above.
    We are the music-makers; and we are the dreamers of dreams.
    ... come along.
  • Options
    edited May 13, 2006
    What I liked is the stare. The model is in a very non-natural position, the butt is clearly out of focus and not the draw, and one would presume that the nipples would be the draw like any gratuitous nudity. But to me, I'm drawn to her eyes, irrespective of the rest of the image, and they keep my attention.

That took it past the "yeah, okay" into the "I like this" realm.

But I'm weird :-)
  • Options
    SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited May 13, 2006
    yeah, I was glued to the eyes, too-

different--I liked it--
  • Options
    photodougphotodoug Registered Users Posts: 870 Major grins
    edited May 13, 2006
    LeDude wrote:
    I'm a dude, I like nipples

what he said

sorry
  • Options
    edited May 14, 2006
    photodoug wrote:
    what he said

sorry

That's fine - can't please everyone. I just liked the eyes, but that's me.
  • Options
    JimMJimM Registered Users Posts: 1,389 Major grins
    edited May 19, 2006
    I like the eyes too and the unique pose. Funny thing is I am not sure if the nipples add to the shot at all. Might even be a better shot it she had a bathing suit top on, as her face and eyes are beautiful.
    Cameras: >(2) Canon 20D .Canon 20D/grip >Canon S200 (p&s)
    Glass: >Sigma 17-35mm,f2.8-4 DG >Tamron 28-75mm,f2.8 >Canon 100mm 2.8 Macro >Canon 70-200mm,f2.8L IS >Canon 200mm,f2.8L
    Flash: >550EX >Sigma EF-500 DG Super >studio strobes

Sites: Jim Mitte Photography - Livingston Sports Photos - Brighton Football Photos
  • Options
    OwenOwen Registered Users Posts: 948 Major grins
    edited May 20, 2006
    Looks to me like her hand got cut off.

rolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    edited May 21, 2006
    JimM wrote:
    I like the eyes too and the unique pose. Funny thing is I am not sure if the nipples add to the shot at all. Might even be a better shot it she had a bathing suit top on, as her face and eyes are beautiful.

I agree. This came about while we were shooting more traditional topless poses. I said, "Quick! Do something creative!" and this is what she did. So yes, the fact that she's topless is somewhat immaterial other than to add to the fact that it's the eyes that are the draw.