Marking individual pictures private

golf1025golf1025 Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
edited May 14, 2006 in SmugMug Support
Hi, here's a newbie question.
I want to use Smugmug to backup / archive all my pictures.
My question is: can I mark individual pictures as private within a public gallery? (I don't want to have to split galleries in public/private)
Regards,
Jan

Comments

• rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited May 13, 2006
    Welcome to dgrin!
    I'm afraid that's not possible - you can only make whole galleries private or public.

Sebastian
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited May 13, 2006
    wave.gif welcome to Dgrin!

Sebastian is right.
  • golf1025golf1025 Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited May 13, 2006
    Making individual pictures private
    Andy wrote:
    wave.gif welcome to Dgrin!

Sebastian is right.

Thanks for your reply. Can I make this a feature request? I think it would make Smugmug far more useful for external archiving purposes.
    Regards,
    Jan
  • rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited May 13, 2006
    golf1025 wrote:
    Thanks for your reply. Can I make this a feature request? I think it would make Smugmug far more useful for external archiving purposes.
    Regards,
    Jan
    For feature requests head over to this thread and add it to it.

Concerning your idea: I don't know how one would keep track of which images are private/public. Maybe you could explain this a bit more detailed with how you would like this to be embedded into the current user interface. mwink.gif

EDIT: Keep in mind that there are features like keywords and maps that aren't availiable for private photos. Those would have to be taken in consideration. Also note that private photos are accessible for everybody having the link to a gallery - they just don't show up on the homepage for your visitors. How would smugmug differenciate between a visitor browsing the homepage and someone accessing the link directly?

Sebastian
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • golf1025golf1025 Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited May 14, 2006
    For feature requests head over to this thread and add it to it.

Concerning your idea: I don't know how one would keep track of which images are private/public. Maybe you could explain this a bit more detailed with how you would like this to be embedded into the current user interface. mwink.gif

EDIT: Keep in mind that there are features like keywords and maps that aren't availiable for private photos. Those would have to be taken in consideration. Also note that private photos are accessible for everybody having the link to a gallery - they just don't show up on the homepage for your visitors. How would smugmug differenciate between a visitor browsing the homepage and someone accessing the link directly?

Sebastian

Thanks for your reply. I'll post a feature request and try to elaborate on your comments above.
    Jan