I am having pricing problems...

Malaxos1Malaxos1 Registered Users Posts: 149 Major grins
edited May 24, 2006 in SmugMug Support
Long time since I have been on the boards. Anyway I took photos of my son's great, great grandmothers 100 birthday and I am trying to get my prices down to the cheapest I can. They want to use WalMart, but I want them to go through smugmug for higher quality photos. Anyway, I keep trying to clear the prices but it goes automatically to $6 for a 4x6. I can get it to say .19 but when I save it and log out and then go in as a visitor it will always say $6. Any thoughts?...Dean
Dean Malaxos Photography
Margaretville New York (Catskill Mnts)
www.deanmalaxos.com
deansphotos@hotmail.com

Comments

• rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited May 13, 2006
    Malaxos1 wrote:
    Long time since I have been on the boards. Anyway I took photos of my son's great, great grandmothers 100 birthday and I am trying to get my prices down to the cheapest I can. They want to use WalMart, but I want them to go through smugmug for higher quality photos. Anyway, I keep trying to clear the prices but it goes automatically to $6 for a 4x6. I can get it to say .19 but when I save it and log out and then go in as a visitor it will always say $6. Any thoughts?...Dean
    Do you have a gallery link for us to look at? If you want to keep the gallery private you might want to send the link with your question to help@smugmug.com

Sebastian
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited May 13, 2006
    Malaxos1 wrote:
    Dean, are you pricing at the gallery level for these shots? Take a look here and if you still have troubles, holler:

http://www.smugmug.com/help/print-pricing

don't forget this part:
    Note: If you've set portfolio prices and want to sell prints from one of your galleries at smugmug's default prices, we have to apologize for an inconvenience. You'll have to set the prices for that gallery above smugmug's default prices, such as a penny higher.
  • Malaxos1Malaxos1 Registered Users Posts: 149 Major grins
    edited May 16, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    Dean, are you pricing at the gallery level for these shots? Take a look here and if you still have troubles, holler:

http://www.smugmug.com/help/print-pricing

don't forget this part:

Thanks Andy for getting back to me. I have done this in the past without problems. This time it goes to $6 for a 4x6 everytime. I went in and changed them all one at a time to the price it would cost me and saw the changes. However when I log out and go in as a visitor it still is $6. Not sure what else I could do, again I have made it go to the base price in the past. Maybe we can get togther tonight and work on this. Thanks Andy...Dean
    Dean Malaxos Photography
    www.deanmalaxos.com
    deansphotos@hotmail.com
  • Malaxos1Malaxos1 Registered Users Posts: 149 Major grins
    edited May 17, 2006
    Malaxos1 wrote:
    Thanks Andy for getting back to me. I have done this in the past without problems. This time it goes to $6 for a 4x6 everytime. I went in and changed them all one at a time to the price it would cost me and saw the changes. However when I log out and go in as a visitor it still is $6. Not sure what else I could do, again I have made it go to the base price in the past. Maybe we can get togther tonight and work on this. Thanks Andy...Dean

ne_nau.gif
    Dean Malaxos Photography
    www.deanmalaxos.com
    deansphotos@hotmail.com
  • rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited May 17, 2006
    Malaxos1 wrote:
    ne_nau.gif
    It's kind of a bad time as Andy isn't in town - it's the dGrin shootout in Bryce and Zion canyon...
    Send a mail to help@smugmug.com, shortly describe your problem and point them here. They'll then look into it.

Hope this helps,
    Sebastian
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • SDJamesSDJames Registered Users Posts: 91 Big grins
    edited May 24, 2006
    Same issues in my gallery
    I've just emailed help and will update when I hear something.
    40D, 400 f5.6L, 70-200 f2.8L, 50 f1.8, Tam 17-50 f2.8