Options

They're Just Too Cute!

gpgoldgpgold Registered Users Posts: 469 Major grins
edited May 16, 2006 in Wildlife
Thanks to good advice from Harry B. and Andy and others I upgraded my gear in the last several months. I'm now using my new (several months old) 20D. The lenses (after much thought and discussion) are the Canon 100-400 IS and the Canon 17-40. Now I get it! I really wish I had this equipment last August when I went to Alaska with our Boy Scout Troop. My F-828 (which I still use and love) just didn't have the reach. Anyway, I finally have something (shot today) that to me seems worthy of the kind of shots I usually see in this wonderful forum.

Regards,

Gary

69401279-M.jpg

Comments

• Options
    gluwatergluwater Registered Users Posts: 3,599 Major grins
    edited May 14, 2006
    Super shot with nice lighting Gary. Congrats on the gear upgrade, just be careful, it gets addicting :D.
    Nick
    SmugMug Technical Account Manager
    Travel = good. Woo, shooting!
    nickwphoto
  • Options
    edited May 14, 2006
    gluwater wrote:
    Super shot with nice lighting Gary. Congrats on the gear upgrade, just be careful, it gets addicting :D.

Thanks Nick, I know what you mean about addicting. I'm working on the mental list right now!

Regards,

Gary
  • Options
    HarrybHarryb Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 22,708 Major grins
    edited May 14, 2006
    Very nice shot Gary. Its nice to shoot with good equipment. The problem is that once you get used to it there's no going back.
    Harry
    http://behret.smugmug.com/ NANPA member
    How many photographers does it take to change a light bulb? 50. One to change the bulb, and forty-nine to say, "I could have done that better!"
  • Options
    bfjrbfjr Registered Users Posts: 10,980 Major grins
    edited May 14, 2006
    Yep quality gear doesn't make the shot it just makes the shot possible! thumb.gif

Congrats on your gear and the shot clap.gif
  • Options
    edited May 15, 2006
    Harryb wrote:
    Very nice shot Gary. Its nice to shoot with good equipment. The problem is that once you get used to it there's no going back.

Thanks Harry,

You first inspired me back at the other place. I owe you and Andy for such great advice and your shots that make me want to do better.

regards,

Gary
  • Options
    CookieSCookieS Registered Users Posts: 854 Major grins
    edited May 15, 2006
    Very Cute shot , are those little hummies?
  • Options
    edited May 16, 2006
    bfjr wrote:
    Yep quality gear doesn't make the shot it just makes the shot possible! thumb.gif

Congrats on your gear and the shot clap.gif

Thanks very much - I just can't believe that it took me until I was 59 to realize I had to do this. What a wonderful difference the equipment makes.

regards,

Gary
  • Options
    edited May 16, 2006
    CookieS wrote:
    Very Cute shot , are those little hummies?

Yes, they sure are. BTW - the next day they were gone. Timing is everything, for some shots anyway!

regards,

Gary