sigma sports lens

trihokietrihokie Registered Users Posts: 78 Big grins
edited May 14, 2006 in Cameras
I just got my new Sigma 120-300 f2.8 and had to try it out. I also splurged and bought a 1.4x TC to go along with it. I am very impressed with the image quality. Attached is a shot, using the TC, from tonight's inner-squad spring football game. It was like being a player on the field, only I was able to be far enough back that I didn't get hit...

Hokies Rule!
www.trihokie.com

Comments

• Bob BellBob Bell Registered Users Posts: 598 Major grins
    edited May 14, 2006
    trihokie wrote:
    I just got my new Sigma 120-300 f2.8 and had to try it out. I also splurged and bought a 1.4x TC to go along with it. I am very impressed with the image quality. Attached is a shot, using the TC, from tonight's inner-squad spring football game. It was like being a player on the field, only I was able to be far enough back that I didn't get hit...

I have had a lot of people tell me how good that lens is. So its a good purchase for football.

For High School games around here they let me stand on the sideline so its kind of scary sometimes if they are running at you. Being so close 300mm is great.

Congrats on your lens :)
    Bob
    Phoenix, AZ
    Canon Bodies
    Canon and Zeiss Lenses
  • ChaseChase Registered Users Posts: 284 Major grins
    edited May 14, 2006
    I have one of these as well.....it really is my go-to lens for field sports and even other things like swim meets and performances where my spot is far away from the stage....
    www.chase.smugmug.com
    I just press the button and the camera goes CLICK. :dunno
    Canon: gripped 20d and 30d, 10-22 3.5-4.5, 17-55 IS, 50mm f1.8, 70-200L IS, 85mm f1.8, 420ex
    sigma: 10-20 4-5.6 (for sale), 24-70 2.8 (for sale), 120-300 2.8
  • trihokietrihokie Registered Users Posts: 78 Big grins
    edited May 14, 2006
    Bob Bell wrote:

For High School games around here they let me stand on the sideline so its kind of scary sometimes if they are running at you. Being so close 300mm is great.
    Last season I shot with my 70-200. I am having to make adjustments with this lens. Instead of standing right on the sidelines among the coaches and chain gang I was actually able to back up and explore new angles. I can't wait for football season!

Hokies Rule!
    www.trihokie.com