categories in filmstrip

staypuffinpcstaypuffinpc Registered Users Posts: 80 Big grins
edited May 15, 2006 in SmugMug Support
Hey all,
I embedded this question in a different thread, but thought it should have its own.

I am wondering if anyone knows of a way to put the gallery thumbnails in the filmstrip. Clicking on the picture would take you to that category's gallery (or sub-galleries, if they existed). I'd like to have something like this on a home page. Any ideas?

-thanks up front-
{something witty here}

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited May 14, 2006
    I have no clue what you're asking about - could you maybe make a diagram or describe it more fully?

Thanks!
  • staypuffinpcstaypuffinpc Registered Users Posts: 80 Big grins
    edited May 15, 2006
    further description
    Sure, Andy,

here's a bit more explanation.

First, the way a filmstrip works right now is that it has a bunch of thumbnails in it (all the thumbnails pertaining to a particular gallery). Clicking on that thumbnail brings up a larger picture of that thumbnail as the mainPic, right?

Second, the way galleries work right now is that there is a thumbail of one of the pictures from that gallery with the gallery name laid out underneath it. Clicking on that thumbnail takes you to that gallery.

What I would like to be able to do is have those gallery thumbnails laid out inside of a filmstrip. When you click on the thumbnail, instead of changing the mainPic, the link takes you to that gallery's page. Does that make sense?

The attached is a picture of what the filmstrip might look like. Clicking on gallery 1 would take you to that gallery's page.
    {something witty here}
  • bwgbwg Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,119 SmugMug Employee
    edited May 15, 2006
    Sure, Andy,

here's a bit more explanation.

First, the way a filmstrip works right now is that it has a bunch of thumbnails in it (all the thumbnails pertaining to a particular gallery). Clicking on that thumbnail brings up a larger picture of that thumbnail as the mainPic, right?

Second, the way galleries work right now is that there is a thumbail of one of the pictures from that gallery with the gallery name laid out underneath it. Clicking on that thumbnail takes you to that gallery.

What I would like to be able to do is have those gallery thumbnails laid out inside of a filmstrip. When you click on the thumbnail, instead of changing the mainPic, the link takes you to that gallery's page. Does that make sense?

The attached is a picture of what the filmstrip might look like. Clicking on gallery 1 would take you to that gallery's page.
    this is do-able as a hack, kinda like the homepage slideshow. i dont have the time to do this in the near future, but maybe someone else wants to tackle it?
    Pedal faster