Options

baby portrait

photocatphotocat Registered Users Posts: 1,334 Major grins
edited October 29, 2004 in People
A baby portrait I took this afternoon. It was color but I put it in duotone. I find it softer.
I took a lot of close ups of the baby her face, I wonder if you better take babies awake or sleeping. She is five weeks old. I cropped it in really tight.

Oops, this is not the duotone.
I made a copy of the background layer and desaturated the copy.
Then made it lighter and merged it with the background. The colors are muted now. It is not a duotone.

Comments

• Options
    gubbsgubbs Registered Users Posts: 3,166 Major grins
    edited October 29, 2004
    She's really cute, the colours look a little strange though, can we see the full colour one?
  • Options
    happysnapperhappysnapper Registered Users Posts: 224 Major grins
    edited October 29, 2004
    gubbs wrote:
    She's really cute, the colours look a little strange though, can we see the full colour one?
    beautiful baby... but I agree with Gubbs... the colour looks a bit washed out.... nice angle and I LOVE the way the baby is sucking her fingers.... stunning moment.
    :roflhappily snapping
  • Options
    edited October 29, 2004
    baby in color...
    beautiful baby... but I agree with Gubbs... the colour looks a bit washed out.... nice angle and I LOVE the way the baby is sucking her fingers.... stunning moment.

Thanks happysnapper and gubbs, you are right about the color. I was doubting a bit. I added a opaque black and white layer on the color, so it all became more muted.
    Maybe it is not o good shot to do this on.
    I included a color shot of the same shoot. (It is a free one as a gift, the mom was so pleased with it)
  • Options
    happysnapperhappysnapper Registered Users Posts: 224 Major grins
    edited October 29, 2004
    photocat wrote:
    Thanks happysnapper and gubbs, you are right about the color. I was doubting a bit. I added a opaque black and white layer on the color, so it all became more muted.
    Maybe it is not o good shot to do this on.
    I included a color shot of the same shoot. (It is a free one as a gift, the mom was so pleased with it)
    Nice work... I think the colour brings much more life to the child... (I am a big fan of the B&W though!!)
    :roflhappily snapping
  • Options
    edited October 29, 2004
    Nice work... I think the colour brings much more life to the child... (I am a big fan of the B&W though!!)

The color one is also in there. I did a serie, and put some in B/W.
    I left some in color. The mom can choose which ones she will have printed out. The CD will be hers.

It is funny because I thought that on some of the pics the colors distracted from the baby. After your reply I am glad that I left some in color too.

I have a shoot of two sisters my the smugmug gallery page.
    Comments on this one would be wellcome cause I want to know if I am good enough to go public as a portrait photographer.
  • Options
    NirNir Registered Users Posts: 1,400 Major grins
    edited October 29, 2004
    Beautiful catch of a beautiful moment!

Nir Alon

images of my thoughts