Comments

• DanielBDanielB Registered Users Posts: 2,362 Major grins
    edited May 14, 2006
    gratz on the camerathumb.gif nice rose
    Daniel Bauer
    smugmug: www.StandOutphoto.smugmug.com

• saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited May 14, 2006
    And that looks like my favorite rose....Double Delight, if I'm not mistaken. Beautiful shot and a beautiful rose. Congrats on the new equipment! thumb.gif
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited May 14, 2006
    Nice rose
    is this with supplied lens with d50 or dedicated macro lens ?
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • photodougphotodoug Registered Users Posts: 870 Major grins
    edited May 14, 2006
    Nice rose
    is this with supplied lens with d50 or dedicated macro lens ?

supplied Nikon AF Nikkor 28-80/3.3-5.6 G. Also came with 70-300/f-5.6.

on the lookout for glass now. I'm without macro and it hurts. but I'm not a pro shooter, so not so important. what IS important is that this qualified as a mother's day present for my wife! Yea, for MY WIFE....riiiiiight. Along with dinner, romance, card and a new fruit tree. Oh yea, and I had to spend all day on her day pulling weeds.

but it's a price I'm willing to pay.

cheers to everyone on dgrin!
    edited May 14, 2006
    saurora wrote:
    And that looks like my favorite rose....Double Delight, if I'm not mistaken. Beautiful shot and a beautiful rose. Congrats on the new equipment! thumb.gif
    and look at it close up....i really like this new camera

69564874-O.jpg

and this one looks like creme candy

69548440-L.jpg
    edited May 14, 2006
    DanielB wrote:
    gratz on the camerathumb.gif nice rose

and I wasn't gonna do it. a friend asked if I'd help her choose one, so i got into it...and got the fever again. I guess I just couldn't stand the idea that I put all that effort in w/o enough reward.

now I guess I'll never touch the pair of F2AS w/motor drives.
  • raianraian Registered Users Posts: 260 Major grins
    edited May 15, 2006
    Beautiful.. no.. make that simply STUNNING pictures. I am getting the D50 (should be here by the end of the week). Mine will have the 18 - 55 lens. I can only hope to take such beautiful shots. Very nice work here, thanks for sharing it!
    edited May 25, 2006
    photodoug wrote:
    and look at it close up....i really like this new camera

I'll tack on another...the rain just won't stop in northern CA

71454953-M.jpg
  • ultravoxultravox Registered Users Posts: 776 Major grins
    edited May 25, 2006
    Lovely set. Esspecialy tha last one but it can be better with a little tighter crop.
    Cristian.
    [SIZE=-1]It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice. - John Lennon.[/SIZE]
    edited May 25, 2006
    ultravox wrote:
    Lovely set. Esspecialy tha last one but it can be better with a little tighter crop.

yes, I pained over the crop. I was really enjoying the surrounding leaves, disappointed at the lack of them in the corners....cropping loses so many. My wife took this shot and I complained to her that she'd sprayed too much water on the flowers, but it was after a light rain.

thanks for the comment.
  • SuperJaredSuperJared Registered Users Posts: 155 Major grins
    edited May 25, 2006
    You'll find the D50 a versatile camera, and the kit lens is quite impressive. I would recommend doing a full step when you decide to replace that lens -- Don't go for the 18-70 as it's only a marginal improvement, I'd recommend (only from lots and lots of reviews) the Nikkor 18-200VR. Couple that with the 12-24 and you have the only two lenses you'll ever need!
    edited May 25, 2006
    SuperJared wrote:
    You'll find the D50 a versatile camera, and the kit lens is quite impressive. I would recommend doing a full step when you decide to replace that lens -- Don't go for the 18-70 as it's only a marginal improvement, I'd recommend (only from lots and lots of reviews) the Nikkor 18-200VR. Couple that with the 12-24 and you have the only two lenses you'll ever need!

THAT was a question I've been pondering...thanks in advance. My new money pit and I are very happy together.