First Post

DavidSDavidS Registered Users Posts: 1,279 Major grins
edited May 15, 2006 in People

Comments

• wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited May 15, 2006
    Hi , welcome to dgrin! wave.gif

One thing that might make the photo a bit stronger is to crop it down. Bring the top of the frame down to just above her head. That puts her face in a really dynamic position, and her body goes across the diagonal of the frame.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • DavidSDavidS Registered Users Posts: 1,279 Major grins
    edited May 15, 2006
    Thanks for the suggestion.
    wxwax wrote:
    Hi, welcome to dgrin! wave.gif

One thing that might make the photo a bit stronger is to crop it down. Bring the top of the frame down to just above her head. That puts her face in a really dynamic position, and her body goes across the diagonal of the frame.

Thanks for the suggestion. I agree. The original crop was to get the width in for a 4x6.

71599701-L-2.jpg
  • LittleLewLittleLew Registered Users Posts: 368 Major grins
    edited May 15, 2006
    There is no need to apologize for this picture. It is a really nice capture of a dynamic situation and will always be a keeper.

I agree with the first comment about cropping, perhaps to a square format so that the girl is on the diagonal to enphasize the dynamism of the image.

The exposure was a little tricky so that there is a blown out area on her right side and the face is a little underexposed. If you use Photoshop, use the Shadows and highlights filter - minimize the shadows effect but use the midtone contrast correction to afjust the tones on her face to match the arms/hands.

It is very nice, good catch.
    New pictures at LewLortonphoto.com
  • Dave_RG40Dave_RG40 Registered Users Posts: 35 Big grins
    edited May 15, 2006
    HA

I love it.. great capture )

Dave
    edited May 15, 2006
    LittleLew wrote:
    There is no need to apologize for this picture. It is a really nice capture of a dynamic situation and will always be a keeper.

I agree with the first comment about cropping, perhaps to a square format so that the girl is on the diagonal to enphasize the dynamism of the image.

The exposure was a little tricky so that there is a blown out area on her right side and the face is a little underexposed. If you use Photoshop, use the Shadows and highlights filter - minimize the shadows effect but use the midtone contrast correction to afjust the tones on her face to match the arms/hands.

It is very nice, good catch.

Thanks for your feedback. I will give your suggestions a try.
    edited May 15, 2006
    Dave_RG40 wrote:
    HA

I love it.. great capture )

Dave

Thanks, I'm glad you liked it.