Ch 65: German Nostalgia

ChrisJChrisJ Registered Users Posts: 2,164 Major grins
edited May 23, 2006 in The Dgrin Challenges
Nice cars are really like pigeons out here in Hollywoodland. This neglected throwback was parked off on the side practically in the bushes. Rust and pollen are rapidly trying to overtake it. Is it nostalgic? To some, probably...

69838074-L.jpg
Chris

Comments

• AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited May 16, 2006
    wow that's a sad sight, huh Chris?

be a fun challenge to rescue the heap and restore her to her original beauty.
  • harjttharjtt Registered Users Posts: 223 Major grins
    edited May 16, 2006
    ChrisJ wrote:
    Nice cars are really like pigeons out here in Hollywoodland. This neglected throwback was parked off on the side practically in the bushes. Rust and pollen are rapidly trying to overtake it. Is it nostalgic? To some, probably...

Too me it is.. damn fine car .. what a waste. they shoudl send it to me :Dthumb.gif as I'm workign on my car detailing skilss!!

Cheers

Harj

thumb.gifD
  • robinsphotosrobinsphotos Registered Users Posts: 30 Big grins
    edited May 16, 2006
    Definitely nostalgic...what a shame.
  • ChrisJChrisJ Registered Users Posts: 2,164 Major grins
    edited May 16, 2006
    Completely forgot to read my own thread... 11doh.gifThanks Angelo, Harj, and Robin.

I'm a big fan of roadsters, and though this would be a fun project, as a daily driver I'd keep the Miata. I lived through my MG Midget long enough!

I played around with B&W, but I couldn't find a setting I liked because of the dark background. Hopefully it will be gone the next time I drive past that way...
    Chris
  • chandichandi Registered Users Posts: 74 Big grins
    edited May 17, 2006
    Ouch! That hurt!

What a criminal negligence of such a beauty :( Surprisingly the tires are still holding out well - I would drive her away in a flash - I doubt the owner will even miss her :(

Great shot though - it does say nostalgia the moment I look at it thumb.gif
  • DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited May 17, 2006
    One of my favorite cars. Ever.
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• ChrisJChrisJ Registered Users Posts: 2,164 Major grins
    edited May 18, 2006
    chandi wrote:
    Ouch! That hurt!

What a criminal negligence of such a beauty :( Surprisingly the tires are still holding out well - I would drive her away in a flash - I doubt the owner will even miss her :(

Great shot though - it does say nostalgia the moment I look at it thumb.gif

You never know with people out here... the guts could be squeaky clean, they just don't have room in the garage next to the Ferrari. Some of the cars you see regularly in driveways here would be show pieces elsewhere. It always makes you wonder what's in the garage(s).
    Chris
  • erich6erich6 Registered Users Posts: 1,638 Major grins
    edited May 20, 2006
    It certainly is nostalgic although I would try to work the composition to bring that feeling more...don't know that you can given you don't have control of the arrangement.

Erich
  • mr peasmr peas Registered Users Posts: 1,369 Major grins
    edited May 23, 2006
    If you can somehow, pull it back just a little bit, wash it, and give it a quick-wax treatment via spray from meguires, you definitely have a great candidate! However, shot as it is, will give it an old, have no care for for the car, feel. OF what you can do to enhance it is bring old wheels old tires to the location and make it look like its sitting in a junkyard of somesort.

But that truly is a waste of a great car, thats something def worth restoring.

Good luck!