rebel xt DIRTY

is300soonis300soon Registered Users Posts: 84 Big grins
edited May 24, 2006 in Cameras
Ok IM BACKKKKK :)

Ok sorry for the outburst haha.

I have a Rebel XT and the thing is DIRTYYYYYYYY.

Not only does 2 spots come out on my images but when i look into the camera there is something on the inner eye hole but I cannot get to it.

Does the camera have to be sent back to Canon for cleaning and if so how much would this cost?

I cannot understand where this dirst and dust comes from, I never take the lens off since I don't have any other lenses so the only place i Can see this coming from is the CF slot.

Any help?
David

Comments

• Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited May 16, 2006
    is300soon wrote:

Not only does 2 spots come out on my images but when i look into the camera there is something on the inner eye hole but I cannot get to it.

Does the camera have to be sent back to Canon for cleaning and if so how much would this cost?

I cannot understand where this dirst and dust comes from, I never take the lens off since I don't have any other lenses so the only place i Can see this coming from is the CF slot.

Any help?
    David
    Can't help you with the view finder problem. But the sensor being dirty - I'm there for you. Check out this link for a very complete cussing and discussion of the whole operation. And, don't let it scare you, when you've done it once, you'll wonder want all the noise was about. Anyway, here's the link:

http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=8350
  • Artur C.Artur C. Registered Users Posts: 38 Big grins
    edited May 24, 2006
    How bout the sensor?
    If the sensor is producing good shots, then I wouldn't worry about the viewfinder dirt unless it's extremely distracting. You can use a VERY soft brush to brush away any dirt on the mirror and focusing screen, just don't touch your shutter or sensor and see if that helps. If the dirt is lodged behind you viewfinder or in the pentaprism... then it is going to have to be cleaned by Canon... although I wouldn't spend money getting it cleaned... it's the final photo that counts...

Just my 2 pennies worth

-Art
    http://www.north-scapes.com
  • Bob BellBob Bell Registered Users Posts: 598 Major grins
    edited May 24, 2006
    is300soon wrote:

Any help?
    David

Just remove the focus screen and you can clean the screen and the optical path where you see the dust.

lenses move air around when they zoom or focus. This can cause a small vacuum that can suck in dust. Just a part of photography. Get used to cleaning everything :)
    Bob
    Phoenix, AZ
    Canon Bodies
    Canon and Zeiss Lenses