Infrared for Rebel XT?

is300soonis300soon Registered Users Posts: 84 Big grins
edited May 23, 2006 in Cameras
Can anyone suggest a good lens for this setup? I have the XT and only lens is stock, I love Andy's infrared pics, so I thought i would like to try.

PS im on a budget.

D

Comments

• DanielBDanielB Registered Users Posts: 2,362 Major grins
    edited May 16, 2006
    is300soon wrote:
    Can anyone suggest a good lens for this setup? I have the XT and only lens is stock, I love Andy's infrared pics, so I thought i would like to try.

PS im on a budget.

D

if you're on a budget i suggest using a sturdy tripod and getting a Hoya RM72 infared Filter... your exposures might be quite a bit longer but it'll give you the effects you wantthumb.gif
    Daniel Bauer
    smugmug: www.StandOutphoto.smugmug.com

• is300soonis300soon Registered Users Posts: 84 Big grins
    edited May 23, 2006
    Nice, any other options out there? How about a tripod? What would be a good tripod for a rookie like me with a Rebel XT

thanks
    David
  • DanielBDanielB Registered Users Posts: 2,362 Major grins
    edited May 23, 2006
    is300soon wrote:
    Nice, any other options out there? How about a tripod? What would be a good tripod for a rookie like me with a Rebel XT

thanks
    David

no other options unless you wanna spend 400 or so on a conversion where its permanently converted for infared photography and you can use normal shutter speeds.

as for a tripod it depends on what your lenses are and how heavy your gear is but i recommend this head with these legs the legs have a way to change the column so it goes horizontal and you can get really close to the ground that waythumb.gif
    Daniel Bauer
    smugmug: www.StandOutphoto.smugmug.com