Can't remove Cart from popular photos

igoforitigoforit Registered Users Posts: 43 Big grins
edited May 17, 2006 in SmugMug Support
Hi,
I don't seem to have the gallery option available to switch it of when looking at pictures in the popular pages. It would not be needed if it respected the setting of the gallery the picture came from, but it doesn't.
In fact, if I want to print a non-printable photo, I can give it a vote and then go to the popular pages and print it from there.
Is there a way that I can fix this?
Thanks,
Jos

Comments

• DanielBDanielB Registered Users Posts: 2,362 Major grins
    edited May 16, 2006
    put this in your CSS and it should take care of itthumb.gif
    .popularGallery .cartbuttons { display: none; }
    Daniel Bauer
    smugmug: www.StandOutphoto.smugmug.com

• igoforitigoforit Registered Users Posts: 43 Big grins
    edited May 16, 2006
    Fantastic...solution in 4 minutes!
    Many thanks Daniel!
    It works indeed.
    Jos
    edited May 16, 2006
    Still issue in community gallery...
    Daniel or anyone else...
    It is solved in the popular pages at my home page, but...I still have the same problem in the popular photos when going to them via community pages.
    Is there another CSS statement to cover that or another trick? In fact, I may want to publish one of my galleries in someone else's community and I would expect that my prevention to print from the gallery level should be respected.
    Thanks in advance,
    Jos
  • DanielBDanielB Registered Users Posts: 2,362 Major grins
    edited May 16, 2006
    igoforit wrote:
    Daniel or anyone else...
    It is solved in the popular pages at my home page, but...I still have the same problem in the popular photos when going to them via community pages.
    Is there another CSS statement to cover that or another trick? In fact, I may want to publish one of my galleries in someone else's community and I would expect that my prevention to print from the gallery level should be respected.
    Thanks in advance,
    Jos

can't help ya there... it'd be up to Dgrin's smugmug to do that i think...
    Daniel Bauer
    smugmug: www.StandOutphoto.smugmug.com

• rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited May 16, 2006
    igoforit wrote:
    How about turning off printing at all in the gallery settings? That should settle this. Even if the cart icon is still availiable, because other photos in the popular-photo-mix might be availiable for printing. Just try to put one of your images in the cart when you've turned off printing for the whole gallery - it shouldn't be possible.

If it's still possible just report back here with a link to the gallery and when Andy sees it, he'll look into it.

Hope this helps,
    Sebastian
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
    edited May 17, 2006
    How about turning off printing at all in the gallery settings? That should settle this. Even if the cart icon is still availiable, because other photos in the popular-photo-mix might be availiable for printing. Just try to put one of your images in the cart when you've turned off printing for the whole gallery - it shouldn't be possible.

If it's still possible just report back here with a link to the gallery and when Andy sees it, he'll look into it.

Hope this helps,
    Sebastian
    Hi Sebastian,

You are right. I just had not tried to actually place pictures in my cart.
    Now that I tried it, I noticed that the "buy this photo" is not visible when looking at my pictures, only the "buy multiple photos" is visible but that will only show photos of other people.
    So, I am fine!

Many thanks for clarifying!

Jos