Order on homepage changed?

ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
edited May 18, 2006 in SmugMug Support
Did i miss something? has the order of the boxes on the homepage changed? I now get my keywords above my galleriesbox? Or am i just going crazy and has it always been like this?

Comments

• bwgbwg Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,119 SmugMug Employee
    edited May 17, 2006
    ivar wrote:
    Did i miss something? has the order of the boxes on the homepage changed? I now get my keywords above my galleriesbox? Or am i just going crazy and has it always been like this?
    http://blogs.smugmug.com/release-notes/2006/05/16/new-features-may-16th-2006/ thumb.gif
    Pedal faster
  • jkelly25jkelly25 Registered Users Posts: 78 Big grins
    edited May 17, 2006
    Although I can move the keywords and other things up and down, I don't seem to be able to move my galleries up or down. Now keywords, bio and timeline all appear above my galleries, which means the galleries hardly show on the page, and there is no control on the galleries to move them at all and no move down control on the keywords category, which is just above the galleries. Am I missing something?

Joe
    jkelly.smugmug.com
    Joe Kelly
    New Jersey
  • ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited May 17, 2006
    edited May 17, 2006
    jkelly25 wrote:
    Although I can move the keywords and other things up and down, I don't seem to be able to move my galleries up or down. Now keywords, bio and timeline all appear above my galleries, which means the galleries hardly show on the page, and there is no control on the galleries to move them at all and no move down control on the keywords category, which is just above the galleries. Am I missing something?

Joe
    jkelly.smugmug.com
    I seem to be able to move the galleries up and down.

Have you tried moving everything abover your galleriesBox down, below it?
    edited May 17, 2006
    There is no move down control on the keywords category, which is just above the galleries, so I can't move it down below.

Joe
    Joe Kelly
    New Jersey
    edited May 17, 2006
    jkelly25 wrote:
    There is no move down control on the keywords category, which is just above the galleries, so I can't move it down below.

Joe
    Okay, this is a silly question, but are you logged in?
    edited May 17, 2006
    I was logged in when looking and trying to arrange.
    Joe Kelly
    New Jersey
    edited May 17, 2006
    Let me be clear, whichever section gets moved to the bottom, it is always above my galleries and the move down words do not appear, only the move up.
    Joe Kelly
    New Jersey
  • onethumbonethumb Administrators Posts: 1,269 Major grins
    edited May 17, 2006
    jkelly25 wrote:
    Let me be clear, whichever section gets moved to the bottom, it is always above my galleries and the move down words do not appear, only the move up.

I'm looking into this. It's probably a bug due to the fact that your galleries section is below a bunch of "hidden" sections, like Communities and Friends and Family.

Shouldn't behave like that, anyway but apparently it is.

More as I get it..

Don
    edited May 17, 2006
    onethumb wrote:
    I'm looking into this. It's probably a bug due to the fact that your galleries section is below a bunch of "hidden" sections, like Communities and Friends and Family.

Shouldn't behave like that, anyway but apparently it is.

More as I get it..

Don

Fixed?

Don
    edited May 17, 2006
    thumb.gif

Yes it is. Thanks for the quick fix Don.

Joe
    Joe Kelly
    New Jersey
  • Matthew SavilleMatthew Saville Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,352 Major grins
    edited May 17, 2006
    onethumb wrote:
    Fixed?

Don

Hi Don,

I'm still having this issue, 11:11 AM Wed. I emailed help@smugmug late last night and of course got an immediate reply with advice, (clear cache, temp. internet files) and decided I'd give it a try this morning. John who replied to me said that on his Mac with FF, he could indeed see ALL the organization buttons.

However after clearing my cache, (and I use FF too) my gallery categories still don't have up OR down buttons, and my keyword up/down buttons seem to disappear such that I can't get them to go down below my gallery categories where I want them.

I tried taking ALL the "hidden items" from my control panel and dumping them onto my main page and moving them all around, but gallery categories and keywords still have no up/down buttons.

While truly solving the problem would be nice, if you happened to just nudge my keywords back down to the very bottom of my main page for me, I wouldn't complain. As far as I'm concerned, if it's an issue on my end then I'm just going to forget about the whole thing cause I've done everything I can think of and can't afford to spend any more trying to fix it. For now I'll just hide keywords from my main page. Heck, maybe that would be better anyway; I could just link to them from my titlebar and that might look a lot more slick. But still, I thought I'd pop in and say the issue still isn't solved for me...

Take care,
    -Matt-
    My first thought is always of light.” – Galen Rowell
    My SmugMug PortfolioMy Astro-Landscape Photo BlogDgrin Weddings Forum
    edited May 17, 2006
    Hi Don,

I'm still having this issue, 11:11 AM Wed. I emailed help@smugmug late last night and of course got an immediate reply with advice, (clear cache, temp. internet files) and decided I'd give it a try this morning. John who replied to me said that on his Mac with FF, he could indeed see ALL the organization buttons.

However after clearing my cache, (and I use FF too) my gallery categories still don't have up OR down buttons, and my keyword up/down buttons seem to disappear such that I can't get them to go down below my gallery categories where I want them.

I tried taking ALL the "hidden items" from my control panel and dumping them onto my main page and moving them all around, but gallery categories and keywords still have no up/down buttons.

While truly solving the problem would be nice, if you happened to just nudge my keywords back down to the very bottom of my main page for me, I wouldn't complain. As far as I'm concerned, if it's an issue on my end then I'm just going to forget about the whole thing cause I've done everything I can think of and can't afford to spend any more trying to fix it. For now I'll just hide keywords from my main page. Heck, maybe that would be better anyway; I could just link to them from my titlebar and that might look a lot more slick. But still, I thought I'd pop in and say the issue still isn't solved for me...

Take care,
    -Matt-

Wish I could say I was able to find and solve the problem, but I can't.

I put your keywords back on your homepage, clicked "move down" and down they went.

They're now below your galleries... Is that where you wanted them?

Or am I missing the point entirely?

Don
  • Matthew SavilleMatthew Saville Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,352 Major grins
    edited May 18, 2006
    onethumb wrote:
    Wish I could say I was able to find and solve the problem, but I can't.

I put your keywords back on your homepage, clicked "move down" and down they went.

They're now below your galleries... Is that where you wanted them?

Or am I missing the point entirely?

Don

Don, you did indeed understand me, I like keywords down at the bottom, where they debuted. Since I've already tried clearing my cache (with no results) and I have hundreds of photos to process for an event right now, your quick fix is MUCH appreciated. Thank you!

-Matt-
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited May 18, 2006
    Don, you did indeed understand me, I like keywords down at the bottom, where they debuted. Since I've already tried clearing my cache (with no results) and I have hundreds of photos to process for an event right now, your quick fix is MUCH appreciated. Thank you!

-Matt-
    Argh! Matt, I'm sorry this isn't working for you, I wanted to tell you last week when you brought it up that we were workign on this but we don't ever talk about the feats till they're out - anyhow, FWIW, I can see / arrange, etc on your homepage in FF no problemo so there's got to be something weird going on on your side - have you tried IE6, just to check? ear.gif
    edited May 18, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    Argh! Matt, I'm sorry this isn't working for you, I wanted to tell you last week when you brought it up that we were workign on this but we don't ever talk about the feats till they're out - anyhow, FWIW, I can see / arrange, etc on your homepage in FF no problemo so there's got to be something weird going on on your side - have you tried IE6, just to check? ear.gif

Hi Andy,

After I tried clearing my cache in FF, I did indeed log out from FF and then log in through IE6. I cleared "files" and was able to get an UP button to appear on keywords, but no down button. Weird, a good word for it indeed...

But since Don was so kind enough to help me out I can forget about it for now, and was able to stay up really late last night processing images instead of buggering with my website.

Take care,
    -Matt-