Pointing multiple domains at smugmug?

CammoCammo Registered Users Posts: 177 Major grins
edited August 14, 2006 in SmugMug Support
Hi,

I would like to point three domains at my smugmug page. Is this possible? I currently have www.cameronlaird.com pointing at http://camlaird.smugmug.com and I have set up smugmug to account for this. However, can I do this with another two domains? (www.camlairdphoto.com and www.cameronlaird.com.au)

Thanks!

Cameron

Comments

• ElysiumElysium Registered Users Posts: 47 Big grins
    edited May 17, 2006
    Cammo wrote:
    Hi,

I would like to point three domains at my smugmug page. Is this possible? I currently have www.cameronlaird.com pointing at http://camlaird.smugmug.com and I have set up smugmug to account for this. However, can I do this with another two domains? (www.camlairdphoto.com and www.cameronlaird.com.au)

Thanks!

Cameron
    I don't think you can assign them the same way as the main domain, but you should be able to forward the other domains to the main one (probably in the options of the place you got the domain from). For example, my site is www.ultimatefris.be and that's attached to smugmug, but I have other urls like www.ultiphoto.be forwarding to it. So when they click it, it goes to my site, but the URL changes to ultimatefris.be.
  • CammoCammo Registered Users Posts: 177 Major grins
    edited May 17, 2006
    Elysium wrote:
    I don't think you can assign them the same way as the main domain, but you should be able to forward the other domains to the main one (probably in the options of the place you got the domain from). For example, my site is www.ultimatefris.be and that's attached to smugmug, but I have other urls like www.ultiphoto.be forwarding to it. So when they click it, it goes to my site, but the URL changes to ultimatefris.be.

Thanks for the tips, will give it a shot..
  • devbobodevbobo Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,339 SmugMug Employee
    edited May 17, 2006
    Cammo,

As Elysium said, URL forwarding the other domains to www.cameronlaird.com
    would be the way to go.

Cheers,

David
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • shinyobjectshinyobject Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited August 14, 2006
    That's too bad that there isn't a way to direct mutliple domains to an account and keep the original URLs intact. I am doing a shoot for a high school reunion and I was hoping I could set up a photos.reunion.com type subdomain like I have off my personal website (photos.shinyobject.com).

A related feature would be the ability to map vanity names to galleries. I know there's a FAQ on how to do this with Javascript (and I'm comfortable with that), but it sure would be nice if this were just an option on the gallery control panel.

What I would really like would be to set up photos.reunion.com and have it direct to a private gallery. Or, if that's not possible, I'd use photos.reunion.com/2006 or some short vanity name and have it point to a private gallery.

It seems like all the pieces are in place, but a little work has to be done to expand the functionality and add it to the interface.

Pete
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited August 14, 2006
    That's too bad that there isn't a way to direct mutliple domains to an account and keep the original URLs intact. I am doing a shoot for a high school reunion and I was hoping I could set up a photos.reunion.com type subdomain like I have off my personal website (photos.shinyobject.com).

A related feature would be the ability to map vanity names to galleries. I know there's a FAQ on how to do this with Javascript (and I'm comfortable with that), but it sure would be nice if this were just an option on the gallery control panel.

What I would really like would be to set up photos.reunion.com and have it direct to a private gallery. Or, if that's not possible, I'd use photos.reunion.com/2006 or some short vanity name and have it point to a private gallery.

It seems like all the pieces are in place, but a little work has to be done to expand the functionality and add it to the interface.

Pete

Welcome to Dgrin, wave.gif Pete!
    Holler if you need any help with the hacks.