A different way to run a race...

Frog LadyFrog Lady Registered Users Posts: 1,091 Major grins
edited May 18, 2006 in Sports
My 12 yr old runs w/ a club here in So Cal and when I was processing pictures from a 5K he ran in this past week end, I couldn't help but notice the runner finishing just before him (sorry he's a bit OOF - I was concentrating on my son). I can't say I've seen any one run like this before (and he ran a decent race as well:dunno)

70172108-L.jpg

my hubbie (who was just behind him) says he ran off and on (i.e, walked), but when he ran, I guess he ran pretty fast. But w/o shoes and in slacks:scratch

what goes on in some people's head? Go figure.

C.70172108
Colleen
check out my (sports) pics: ColleenBonney.smugmug.com

*Thanks to Boolsacho for the avatar photo (from the dgrin portrait project)

Comments

• NimaiNimai Registered Users Posts: 564 Major grins
    edited May 18, 2006
    Guy in slacks and socks aside, I like the misty feel and DOF. I bet you got a lot of nice shots.
  • DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited May 18, 2006
    He looks like he's running from the law! is it me, or does he have a black eye too? ne_nau.gif
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• controldcontrold Registered Users Posts: 146 Major grins
    edited May 18, 2006
    You never know... while running the Miami Half last January I encountered the famous (in running circles I guess) guy that runs in a jean jacket and combat boots, while carring a pizza box with a wine bottle balanced on it. Takes all kinds...
    http://mikeapted.smugmug.com/

Canon 30D | 10D
    Canon 10-22 | 28-135 f3.5-5.6 | 70-200 f4L | 100-400 f4-5.6L
    Canon Speedlight 580EX
    Kenko Extension Tubes
  • controldcontrold Registered Users Posts: 146 Major grins
    edited May 18, 2006
    DoctorIt wrote:
    He looks like he's running from the law! is it me, or does he have a black eye too? ne_nau.gif

His left wrist is bandaged up too... and he kind of looks like his diaper is leaking too... very odd.

- Mike
    http://mikeapted.smugmug.com/

Canon 30D | 10D
    Canon 10-22 | 28-135 f3.5-5.6 | 70-200 f4L | 100-400 f4-5.6L
    Canon Speedlight 580EX
    Kenko Extension Tubes
  • Frog LadyFrog Lady Registered Users Posts: 1,091 Major grins
    edited May 18, 2006
    Nimai wrote:
    Guy in slacks and socks aside, I like the misty feel and DOF. I bet you got a lot of nice shots.

thanks Nimai. We're in our "June gloom" phase w/ low, hazing clouds in the AM burning off later in the day. I did get some decent shots, most of them as the runners were heading out (you'd think that the organizers would plan their courses better so that the photog doesn't have to shoot into the sun at/near the finishne_nau.gif). You can see them here (yeah, I can do that now, thanks to Andy's birthday presentclap.gif) We (the Roadrunners) didn't have that many kids in this race b/c many of them were running in a track meet later in the day. On a good day, they can pull 30 kids, from 3rd grade through college (i.e., those that used to run with the group - once a Roadrunner, always a Roadrunner). And it's a good group b/c they encourage any one at all levels of ability.
    Controld wrote:
    You never know... while running the Miami Half last January I encountered the famous (in running circles I guess) guy that runs in a jean jacket and combat boots, while carring a pizza box with a wine bottle balanced on it. Takes all kinds...

any guy running while carrying a wine bottle balanced on a pizza box would be a sight to see - even in runners clothes. But in combat boots? I wonder if he's former military (who else would submit to that type of self torture?)

thanks for the comments guys.

C.
    Colleen
    check out my (sports) pics: ColleenBonney.smugmug.com

*Thanks to Boolsacho for the avatar photo (from the dgrin portrait project)
  • Steve CaviglianoSteve Cavigliano Super Moderators Posts: 3,599 moderator
    edited May 18, 2006
    Laughing.gif Colleen rolleyes1.gif I live in the SF Bay Area and a guy running a marathon in slacks without shoes wouldn't raise an eyebrow. Be thankful that he had clothes on.....Laughing.gif :uhoh

Steve

Nice shot and you have a good lookin' boy there thumb.gif
    SmugMug Support Hero