Options

Rattle Me This Batman

AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
edited May 20, 2006 in Wildlife
OK boys -

Let's do the snake charm comps here in this thread. You know who I'm talking to.

70183313-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    jeff lapointjeff lapoint Registered Users Posts: 1,228 Major grins
    edited May 18, 2006
    Snakes? No freakin' wayrolleyes1.gif This school thing is killing my photography:D

Nice shot Angelo! Sorry I missed you guys...catch you next time ...hopefully
  • Options
    bfjrbfjr Registered Users Posts: 10,980 Major grins
    edited May 18, 2006
    Snakes? No freakin' wayrolleyes1.gif This school thing is killing my photography:D

Yep Doc thanks to some young snake charmers we were able to milk this puppy for all she's worth rolleyes1.gif :lol poor Doc was AWOL :cry :lol4
    70145833-O.jpg

Good seeing you again Angelo thumb.gif
  • Options
    edited May 18, 2006
    bfjr wrote:
    Yep Doc thanks to some young snake charmers we were able to milk this puppy for all she's worth rolleyes1.gif :lol poor Doc was AWOL :cry :lol4

Good seeing you again Angelo thumb.gif

Nice capture Ben. No way I could get that much detail from 25 feet away lol3.gif
  • Options
    Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited May 18, 2006
    Angelo wrote:
    Nice capture Ben. No way I could get that much detail from 25 feet away lol3.gif
    So get closer. What's the worst that could happen. You get bit, have to be rushed to the hospitial, get injected with anti-venom, remain under observation for a week, possibly nerve damage (some snakes have a neurotoxin in their venom) and you're a cripple for life. Hey, man, suck it up! Photography is all about sacrifice.

I sure hope you saw the satire/humor in that last. I sure tried hard enough. I'm with you - first order of business - CYA.rolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    edited May 18, 2006

62 mile round-trip;
    gas = $3.29 per gallon;
    4Runner = 22 miles to the gallon;
    rush hour on the 405.... 2 hours;
    cost of THAT shot? $12.79
    shooting with the ShutterThugs?; Priceless!

you missed out... you're on the list :D
  • Options
    edited May 18, 2006
    So get closer. What's the worst that could happen. You get bit, have to be rushed to the hospitial, get injected with anti-venom, remain under observation for a week, possibly nerve damage (some snakes have a neurotoxin in their venom) and you're a cripple for life.

Awwwww heck, is that all? Well next time I'll belly up to the beast. :D
  • Options
    HarrybHarryb Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 22,708 Major grins
    edited May 18, 2006
    Good one Angelo. I hope Ben and Jeff didn't scare that little guy too much. :D
    Harry
    http://behret.smugmug.com/ NANPA member
    How many photographers does it take to change a light bulb? 50. One to change the bulb, and forty-nine to say, "I could have done that better!"
  • Options
    edited May 18, 2006
    Harryb wrote:
    Good one Angelo. I hope Ben and Jeff didn't scare that little guy too much. :D

Thanks Harry.

The boys behaved but I think that snake mistook Jeff's ultra lens as it's mother! lol3.gif
  • Options
    jwearjwear Registered Users Posts: 8,005 Major grins
    edited May 18, 2006
    thumb.gif if it was not for the snake you 2 would have to post bee pictures rolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif:D oh yea me too :uhoh
    Jeff W

“PHOTOGRAPHY IS THE ‘JAZZ’ FOR THE EYES…”

http://jwear.smugmug.com/
  • Options
    bfjrbfjr Registered Users Posts: 10,980 Major grins
    edited May 19, 2006
    jwear wrote:
    thumb.gif if it was not for the snake you 2 would have to post bee pictures rolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif:D oh yea me too :uhoh

Bees??? Oh heck we can do bees rolleyes1.gif
    70267396-O.jpg
  • Options
    jwearjwear Registered Users Posts: 8,005 Major grins
    edited May 19, 2006
    beesne_nau.gif anyone can do bees eek7.gif it is the not stopping fast flying golden bubble bee that umph.gif1drink.gif
    Jeff W

“PHOTOGRAPHY IS THE ‘JAZZ’ FOR THE EYES…”

http://jwear.smugmug.com/
  • Options
    edited May 20, 2006
  • Options
    dallasdallas Registered Users Posts: 1,638 Major grins
    edited May 20, 2006
    You three, Jeff, Angleo, and Ben can milk them snakes all you like.......not me. I'll play with butterflies and bees, and we all know that the major reason for most snake bites are caused by: guess what ????? playing with snakes !!!!! Please tell me where you did these shots so I can be elsewhere. Oh, I forgot......really great shots :D:D:D